converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Contents'''<<BR>><<TableOfContents>>||
|Line 2:||Line 4:|
|''Working document for the Oct. 1-2 desktop testing sprint.''||An overview of the automated testing work in Ubuntu, with roadmap with specifications, status and resources.|
|Line 4:||Line 6:|
|== Agenda ==||== Roadmap ==|
|Line 6:||Line 8:|
| * Desktop testing
* Evaluating technologies LDTP, dogtail and Accerciser
* ISO integrity and install testing
* Upgrade testing (including GUI functionality)
* Package install/remove testing
* Hosting: Where and how do we host the automated tests?
|=== Intrepid ===|
|Line 13:||Line 10:|
|== Ideas ==|| * '''Desktop test automation'''
|Line 15:||Line 14:|
| * '''UbuntuTesting@Home:''' Present the test scripts in a way that allows people to test with them easily at home. Initially this would be a set of packages with test scripts glued together by a howto wiki page. Later we can add a GUI interface that lets users download and run tests.
* '''Test reporting website: ''' A section of qa.ubuntu.com where users can upload test results.
== Status ==
* [[/AtspiBlockers]] - List of applications with missing accessibility information
* [[/LDTP]] - Progress to date on testing Ubuntu with LDTP
* [[/PyreringHwTest]] - Discussion to align HWTest & Pyrering
== Resources ==
* A quick [[/DogtailTutorial]] for Ubuntu Hardy.
* Test [[/Coverage]] so far.
* [[/ScriptingGuide]] - tips on script writing.
* [[/LimitationsOfDogtail]] - known problems.
* [[/Desktop]] - automated desktop tests
* [[/KVM]] - KVM/Qemu image file for running automated desktop tests
* [[/Lintian]] - running lintian on all Ubuntu packages
* [[/Piuparts]] - running piuparts on all Ubuntu packages
||<tablestyle="width:95%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Sub-pages:'''||<<Navigation(children,1)>>||
An overview of the automated testing work in Ubuntu, with roadmap with specifications, status and resources.
/AtspiBlockers - List of applications with missing accessibility information
/LDTP - Progress to date on testing Ubuntu with LDTP
/PyreringHwTest - Discussion to align HWTest & Pyrering
A quick /DogtailTutorial for Ubuntu Hardy.
Test /Coverage so far.
/ScriptingGuide - tips on script writing.
/LimitationsOfDogtail - known problems.
/Desktop - automated desktop tests
/KVM - KVM/Qemu image file for running automated desktop tests
/Lintian - running lintian on all Ubuntu packages
/Piuparts - running piuparts on all Ubuntu packages