|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 2:||Line 3:|
|''Working document for the Oct. 1-2 desktop testing sprint.''||Links to automated testing projects and wiki pages focused on specific testing efforts.|
|Line 4:||Line 5:|
|== Agenda ==|| * [[https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-server-iso-testing|Ubuntu ISO Testing]] - Tests that validate the stability of ISO installations (Server, Desktop, Alternate)
* [[https://launchpad.net/update-manager|Auto Update Tester]] - Validate upgrades using AutoUpgradeTester which is part of update-manager
* [[/Checkbox|Checkbox]] - Application to launch tests and send results to Launchpad.
* [[/Desktop|Desktop Testing]] - Automation of the desktop tests using LDTP.
|Line 6:||Line 10:|
| * Desktop testing
* Evaluating technologies LDTP, dogtail and Accerciser
* ISO integrity and install testing
* Upgrade testing (including GUI functionality)
* Package install/remove testing
* Hosting: Where and how do we host the automated tests?
|Line 13:||Line 12:|
|== Ideas ==||* [[http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22681/]]|
|Line 15:||Line 14:|
| * '''UbuntuTesting@Home:''' Present the test scripts in a way that allows people to test with them easily at home. Initially this would be a set of packages with test scripts glued together by a howto wiki page. Later we can add a GUI interface that lets users download and run tests.
* '''Test reporting website: ''' A section of qa.ubuntu.com where users can upload test results.
|||<tablestyle="width:95%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Sub-pages:'''||<<Navigation(children,1)>>|||
Links to automated testing projects and wiki pages focused on specific testing efforts.
Ubuntu ISO Testing - Tests that validate the stability of ISO installations (Server, Desktop, Alternate)
Checkbox - Application to launch tests and send results to Launchpad.
Desktop Testing - Automation of the desktop tests using LDTP.