Working document for the Oct. 1-2 desktop testing sprint.
- Desktop testing
- Evaluating technologies LDTP, dogtail and Accerciser
- ISO integrity and install testing
- Upgrade testing (including GUI functionality)
- Package install/remove testing
- Hosting: Where and how do we host the automated tests?
- Long-term maintenance: contributing test scripts back upstream
- Running select tests under profiling/debugging tools like valgrind
UbuntuTesting@Home: Present the test scripts in a way that allows people to test with them easily at home. Initially this would be a set of packages with test scripts glued together by a howto wiki page. Later we can add a GUI interface that lets users download and run tests.
Test reporting website: A section of qa.ubuntu.com where users can upload test results.