Basic test of the UME desktop. Can be performed or mobile hardware or in Xnest on a development machine.
Launch the UME environment - launch 'hildon-desktop' (what is the correct procedure?)
- Click on entries in the applications menu
[... what else does the hildon panel do?]
- Open the MID browser to ubuntu.com and confirm that it displays correctly
- Type a search term into the search box
Right click and bookmark a page. Confirm that be page appears among your bookmarks [how?]
- Download and launch files from ["../Multimedia"] and confirm that they play correctly
Open the Claws Mail applications and set up an email account in the wizard
- Send an email to a different account and confirm that it arrives
- Return the mail and confirm that it can be downloaded in Claws Mail
- Start and email, save it as a draft. Resume edit and send.
Start the To-do list application
- Click the New task icon to add an item. Write summary, set due date, priority, status, categoty and description. Save.
- Confirm that the task appears on the list, mark it as done and delete it.
Open the Dates application. It should show a blank appointment page for today.
- Double click the page to add a new entry. Fill in times and details
- Drag the appointment down the page to change the time
Confirm that the appointment appears [where?]
- Open an application that requires keyboard input a see that the keyboard appears
- Enter text into the application
Test the ability to show/hide the keyboard at will. [how does this work?]
- Pick and application from the mobile defaults and confirm that all its functionality can be used with only the keyboard
- Install the Orca screen reader and confirm that desktop strings are read aloud
- Select a high contrast theme. Confirm that the mobile applications render correctly.