This web page is where we are coordinating the work to build a Document Viewer application for the Ubuntu Phone that could also extend to other form factors too with the responsive design features built into the Ubuntu SDK
#ubuntu-phone on Freenode
Note: please don't add user stories here. We are defining these as a limited set to keep the scope more limited to get out a first version.
- Must Have: I wish to view doc type PDF, odt, docx, txt, rtf, others?
- Should Have: I wish to view image type: bmp, jpg, png, others?
- Should Have: I wish to view spreadsheet type csv, ods, xslx
- Could/Should Have: I wish to view presentation types odp, pptx
Note: likewise, please don't add functional requirements here. We are defining these as a limited set to keep the scope more limited to get out a first version.
- Capability to view PDF files
Parse and display text, rtf, OpenDocument and Open Office XML file types
- Display various image types
How To Add Your Design
Include gestures for zoom, prev/next page, prev/next slide, etc
Document meta-data view
Save a copy
If the document being viewed wasn't loaded from local storage
This is where the spec will be.