ubuntu-device-flash query --device=flo --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu --list-images - reports OTA-11 is out for flo
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|=== Framework versions ===
This update provides a new framework version: [[https://developer.ubuntu.com/api/apps/qml/sdk-15.04.5/|15.04.5]]
Ubuntu Touch is no longer maintained as a core product by Canonical. However, the Ubports community are continuing development.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-11 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
BQ Aquaris E4.5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: #33
BQ Aquaris E5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: #13
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: not yet released
BQ Aquaris M10 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - frieza: #4
BQ Aquaris M10 HD : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - cooler: #4
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - mako: #33
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: #13
Meizu PRO 5: ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - turbo: #3
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: not yet released
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - arale: #9
Meizu PRO 5: ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - turbo: #3
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: #33
Nexus 7 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - flo: #9
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - generic: not yet released
On a device, this "image number" is shown as the "OS build number" in System Settings > About this phone > OS.
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
This update provides a new framework version: 15.04.5
- Fusion provider for improved positioning in location service
- New upstream version of Network Manager: 1.2
- Wireless display support (aethercast) - Meizu Pro 5 only currently
- Dynamic Grid Unit support (DGU)
- Support for multiple application windows
- Shell rotation
- Pre-loading the home-scope on boot
- Scrollbar visual update in the UITK, support for subtitles in header
- Traditional Chinese support in the ubuntu-keyboard (libchewing)
- Username and password authentication in VPN
- Multiple improvements in webbrowser-app: working google hangouts on all form-factors, redesigned media permission request dialog, proper handling of window-level keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed missing translations in language-packs
- Fixes for some of the performance issues
- Fixed setting customized notification sounds
And many many more...!
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
- Sim lock screen doesn't appear after restarting the device (LP: #1580908) - most frequently on turbo, randomly on arale.
- The sim PIN can be unlocked through the indicator at any time