|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|'''WARNING! This page is still not ready!'''||'''WARNING! This page is work-in-progress!'''|
WARNING! This page is work-in-progress!
Please remember that the release notes are not finalized until they are shared publicly on the mailing list and linked to the main Touch/ReleaseNotes section. Contents might be wrong and change at any time!
Ubuntu Touch OTA-11 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
BQ Aquaris E4.5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: not yet released
BQ Aquaris E5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: not yet released
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: not yet released
BQ Aquaris M10 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - frieza: not yet released
BQ Aquaris M10 HD : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - cooler: not yet released
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris-pd.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - mako: not yet released
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: not yet released
Meizu PRO 5: ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - turbo: not yet released
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: not yet released
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - arale: not yet released
Meizu PRO 5: ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - turbo: not yet released
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: not yet released
Nexus 7 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - flo: not yet released
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - generic: not yet released
On a device, this "image number" is shown as the "OS build number" in System Settings > About this phone > OS.
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
- Fusion provider for improved positioning in location service
- New upstream version of Network Manager: 1.2
- Wireless display support (aethercast) - Meizu Pro 5 only currently
- Dynamic Grid Unit support (DGU)
- Support for multiple application windows
- Shell rotation
- Pre-loading the home-scope on boot
- Scrollbar visual update in the UITK, support for subtitles in header
- Traditional Chinese support in the ubuntu-keyboard (libchewing)
- Username and password authentication in VPN
And many many more...!
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
- Sim lock screen doesn't appear after restarting the device (LP: #1580908) - most frequently on turbo, randomly on arale.
- The sim PIN can be unlocked through the indicator at any time