Thanks to all the community members who slogged over writing, reviewing, editing, proof reading and fixing the layout. This is just the beginning of the project which we hope will live and evolve with each new Ubuntu release. Yours to develop, enhance and branch off to your heart's content!
Few points to mention about the course:
- It has been written in Docbook using xml stylesheets and the bzr revision control, accessed through Launchpad.
- There are 10 lessons in total with the last lesson covering Partitioning and Booting optional. The course is modular - 2 days if all lessons are covered however, topics and lessons can be selected as required.
- There are 2 versions of the course:
- An Instructor Guide which has instructor notes and answers to the exercise questions together.
- A student guide which does not have instructor notes; answers to the exercises are provided separately.
pdf versions of the student guide and instructor guide are attached here: Student Guide [attachment:student.pdf] and Instructor Guide [attachment:instructor.pdf]. In order to retrieve the actual code and contribute or modify the content, you will need to have a launchpad account and bzr set up on your computer. The launchpad branch is: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta
- In order to create a:
- Student guide: make booksg
- Instructor guide: make book
Q&A for the student guide: make questions
- There will also be a book version of the courseware which you will be able to purchase online. This will be formated slightly differently to reduce the page numbers and make the content overall ready for print production, but the content and copyright will remain the same.
The course content is released under Creative Commons: BY-NC-SA. For more information on this, please refer to: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
Other than that, enjoy, and we look forward to receiving your feedback.
- Next meeting for Ubuntu Training Team: Thursday 31st January at 16:00 UTC