Date - xx/07/2009
First Approval Date - 22/07/2008
Team Contact - Nizar Kerkeni <nizarus AT ubuntu DOT com>
Membership - 178 active members as of 13 July 2009 (was 63 in July 2008).
ubuntu membership - 4 new ubuntu members this year
Mailing List - ubuntu-tn on lists.ubuntu.com with 376 subscribers as of 13 July 2009 (was 108 in July 2008).
Facebook - Ubuntu Tunisia group with 557 members as of 13 July 2009.
IRC - #ubuntu-tn, #ubuntu-tn-meeting and #ubuntu-tn-classroom on Freenode
launchpad pages - ~ubuntu-tn
Wiki page - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam
Forum - http://tunisie.ubuntuforums.org/
Team Karma - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/Teamkarma
We have 7 work groups, each one has its planning:
Better preparation to our irc regular meeting: prepare the Agenda, fix the hour of the meeting using polls (here an example)
- Writing the meeting minutes
Find a better process to voting new FF Group candidates: FF Group is the Freedom Fighters Group, members of this group have the right to vote in our public meeting and vote the annual candidates to our Management Committee. Here a better description of the group (French) and here the launchpad group.
Relationships with companies
- Promote Ubuntu in the Enterprises.
- Collect donations to sponsor our events.
Relationships with universities
- Ensure and keep contact with Tunisian Universities.
- Develope a social network around Tunisian Univeristies.
- improvement of the Linux and ubuntu knowledge in our universities.
- help the University Club of Free Software to adopt Ubuntu as default Operating System.
Arranging irc-meeting between ubuntu-tn LoCo Team members and other ubuntu members from various Team like : ubuntuone, ubuntu-server, uwn to see how they work and also to have some nice "community" talk.
- Contact famous FLOSS community members from ubuntu, debian, Sun ... to invite them to SFD or another Tunisian FLOSS event.
- Encourage Tunisian students and professors to get involved in the ubuntu project and joined international teams or projects on LP.
- Planning and organizing events and training workshops on Ubuntu.
- Achieving the Ubuntu install-party.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the group's activities and conduct demonstrations in good conditions. (Ensure the printing of posters, ensure the availability of material requested, ...).
- Innovate the content of each event.
- Creating and maintaining our site.
- Setting up and management of local mirrors.
- Animation and moderation of forums and IRC channel.
- collaborate with other groups who wish to publish articles on the site.
- How To's
- Newbie documentation
- Translation import into LP
- Important documents translation
- Well-indexed wiki pages (update/clean up)
- Forum moderation and maintenance when needed
- Three languages pack (en/fr/ar) translation for wikis
- Reports review and validation accordingly to the approved template
- Efficient usability of LP features for work collaboration and info sharing
New classroom sessions' (pre/post)arrangement on #ubuntu-tn-classroom
This is an "in progress" roadmap for Redaction team: Note that mention of a featured idea or the above todo list does not guarantee that it will be fulfilled, these are goals, not promises
During this first year we focused our efforts on the presentation and promotion of ubuntu in schools and universities. Our LoCo visited different Tunisian cities to present and to talk about ubuntu and free software in general. At each visit we distribute CD and we animate an install party for participants. One of our pilot project was the migration of the computing center of the ENIS (National Engineering School of Sfax), where we have installed ubuntu on 150 PC (10 class rooms). Thus the majority of practical work will be done with ubuntu and with free software equivalent to proprietary software used before this migration. So this last year 13 event was held in 5 towns, 8 high schools, etc... All our events with reports usually in French and in English (the complete report or an abstract) are grouped here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/Events
Presentations, manly in French some of them are translated in english, given by our LoCo members are grouped here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/Presentations. There is 20 presentations given by 10 ubuntu-tn members where 4 of them are ubuntu members.
As approved LoCo we tried as possible to write our monthly team report to be published with LoCo teams reports. Our reports are grouped here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/TeamReporting.
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter
To share our activity with the international Ubuntu community we send our LoCo news to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter :
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #137 : Ubuntu day Sidi Bouzid - Tunisia.
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #128 : Tunisian Team.
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #123 : Tunisian Team Events in December.
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #115 : SFD in Tunisia.
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #113 : SFD Tunisia 2008.
A first classroom session was organised by our LoCo and it was maintained under the name "Introduction to Bazaar". This session was a great success in our LoCo community and in the FOSS Tunisian community. For more information : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/Classroom and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/Classroom/Bazaar
LoCo Team Meetings
A regular monthly meeting is held to discuss LoCo actions and organise our activities. When needed, a non regular meeting can be organised. For each meeting we prepare an agenda and we publish minutes. Since our approval xx meetings were organised (yy regular meetings, indicated by , and zz non regular meetings, indicated by ). For a full history of our meetings visit this page : Meeting. Agenda and minutes are in French.