Revision 1 as of 2011-01-27 21:41:08
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|||<#FF5555>'' http://www.opensourceexpo.co.uk/''||||||<#CCCCCC>'' http://www.opensourceexpo.co.uk/''|||
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|||<#FF5555>'' http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/linuxexposchedule''||||||<#CCCCCC>'' http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/linuxexposchedule''|||
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
|||<#FF5555>'' http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/2011plan''||||||<#CCCCCC>'' http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/2011plan''|||
|Line 180:||Line 180:|
|||<#FF5555>'' next meeting Thursday 10th Feb 9pm''||||||<#CCCCCC>'' next meeting Thursday 10th Feb 9pm''|||
Meeting opened by AlanBell at 21:12
<AlanBell> hi all
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] review of action items from last meeting
review of action items from last meeting
<AlanBell> hmm, anything much to add to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/11/January ?
<DJones> Not as far as I can see
<AlanBell> ok, well I will add the meeting links
<AlanBell> no podcasts
<AlanBell> like Ross and Rachel, they are *on a break*
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell - OpenSourceExpo/Cloud Expo stand
AlanBell - OpenSourceExpo/Cloud Expo stand
<AlanBell> ok, main business of the day
<AlanBell> we are exhibiting at that
<AlanBell> we have a box of assorted swag from Canonical
<AlanBell> it is a conference pack of goodies
<AlanBell> 55 lanyards, couple of Tshirts
<AlanBell> the official Ubuntu book
<AlanBell> couple of baseball hats
<DJones> From whats been said on the mailing list, it sounds like you've got quite a few volunteers as well to help out
<AlanBell> yes, and I need to mail the names to the organisers in a sec
<AlanBell> after the event on the wednesday we will go to a pub somewhere nearby and perhaps meet up with other folk working in London
<DJones> Are you going to be fully covered with enough volunteers, hardware etc? Or does there need to be a further request to the list?
<AlanBell> Thursday AM is looking a bit thin
<AlanBell> would be good if selinuxium does the Thursday
<AlanBell> we don't at the moment have the CDs
<DJones> Much as I'd like to go down there, its too far & too busy at work for me
<AlanBell> but Daviey will be chasing this tomorrow and one way or another I expect this will get sorted out in time
<AlanBell> I am not entirely sure how to best use the swag we have been given
<AlanBell> lanyards we can just hand out to people
<AlanBell> but other things like hats and the book?
<AlanBell> prizes or something?
<DJones> Hopefully anyway, if not, I'd send an email to the list asking for more help if possible, maybe specify when help is needed
<suprengr> WOuld live to volounteer - however instead I send sincere apologies. I deliberately did/could not add my name to list of helpers as I have heard rumours of being sent up to Scotland.
<AlanBell> suprengr: it is cold up there
<DJones> Raffle? Free ticket to everyone who visits the stall
<DJones> For the book anyway
<AlanBell> could do
<AlanBell> we don't *have* to use it all at this event
<DJones> Are there any other events planned/expected that it could be used at
<AlanBell> need moar events
<DJones> Thinking outloud, could you take a list of names & email addresses for visitors to the stall in return for a raffle ticket, maybe one way of notifying visitors of future events
<AlanBell> ohh, good idea
<TheOpenSourcerer> How about another Ubuntu in Business event?
<AlanBell> ok, I will maybe get some raffle tickets or figure out a more high tech way of doing that
<AlanBell> TheOpenSourcerer: yes indeed, bung one on the schedule we can always move it
<AlanBell> and an Ubuntu in Healthcare event
<DJones> The only other thought on that would be making sure we get peoples permission to send emails so there isn't a complaint about people being spammed
<AlanBell> DJones: meh, it is an expo, people expect a followup if they give their card/get scanned
<AlanBell> ok, so I will take all the goodies and we will either use them usefully or retain for some better idea
<DJones> Sounds good
<AlanBell> I don't want to just hand out the bigger items randomly for no purpose
<AlanBell> ok, any more on the expo?
<DJones> Nope from me
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] discuss status of beta.ubuntu-uk.org
discuss status of beta.ubuntu-uk.org
<AlanBell> not much more to discuss on this
<AlanBell> I would kind of like to get the flippin map working by the time of the expo and turn it on
<AlanBell> not entirely sure I will get round to that
<DJones> Its not something I've had much chance to look at, so maybe move this forward to the next meeting when more people are available
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] Any Other Business
Any Other Business
<AlanBell> anyone got anything they want to raise?
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting
Date of next meeting
<DJones> When is the expo? Do you need another meeting before then
<AlanBell> expo is next wednesday
<AlanBell> this *is* the meeting before then
<AlanBell> Wednesday 16th?
<TheOpenSourcerer> 9/10 Feb I guess.
<TheOpenSourcerer> Might be an idea to have a review of the Expo - See what worked what didn't etc...
<TheOpenSourcerer> Whilst it is still fresh (ish)
<AlanBell> Thursday 10th at 9:00?
<AlanBell> [agreed] next meeting Thursday 10th Feb 9pm
next meeting Thursday 10th Feb 9pm
<AlanBell> and lets make popey chair it
Meeting closed at 21:39