2021-06-23

Back to list of minutes

Meeting minutes for 2021-06-23

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuconAsia/2021/MeetingMinutes/2021-06-23

When

  • 2021-06-23 22:00 ~ 24:00 UTC+9
  • Text chat meeting on telegram

Attendees

  • Chair: Youngbin Han (KR)
  • Note taker: Hong Phuc Dang (FOSSASIA)
  • Gunyoung Yoon (KR)
  • Robbi Nespu (Malaysia)
  • Sartika Lestari (ID)
  • Fumihito Yoshida (JP)
  • Yudhi Satrio (ID)
  • Rohit Man Amatya (NP)

Agendas

  • Updates from teams
  • Action items from last meeting
  • Topics for discussions

Updates from teams

  • Coordination team
    • New community partners: Ubuntu Kylin community, Gimpscape ID, 6 community partners
    • Created central account access document
  • Marketing Team
  • Technical team
    • Work on ci/cd to make videos but there is some issue to make multi videos
    • Confirm that the current approach can provide 30/60/120 min video renderings.
  • Sponsorship team
    • Naver D2, Samsung (Korea) rejected our proposal
    • Canonical confirmed Diamond sponsorship
  • Content team
    • 20 submissions, 13 with title, 7 without

Action items from last meeting

  • Gunyoung, Gyuseok, Youngbin: Try to open US paypal and test sending small amounts of money to other paypal accounts.
    • First in korean paypal account is cannot transfer money to another korean account so i test korean account to us account making us account is passable but need us phone number but some app support to use US phone number so I can make US account but when korean send money to US account US account cannot receive money before enter SSN number. So send money (kr -> kr) = x (kr -> us) = passable but need SSN. So even if we got a US personal paypal account, We can't accept donations if we don't have a US Social Security Number.

  • Sartika: Check Twitter ads budget.
  • Youngbin: Check MS translator license for use in conference (not yet checked)
  • Everyone: share Calling for proposals info on their social media channels.
  • Youngbin Han: Publish meeting minutes on Ubuntu wiki and discourse
  • Youngbin Han: Next meeting chair - prepare and invite people to next meeting
  • Hong Phuc Dang: Prepare meeting minutes for next meeting (Note taker)

Topics for discussion

  • Submitting promotion session on openSUSE Asia (suggestion from ν•œμ˜λΉˆ (Youngbin Han))
  • Workshop for beginners
    • Signing up launchpad + sign Ubuntu CoC with GPG key
    • Ubuntu l10n workshop
    • Debian packaging workshop - Robbi
    • Config your Conky with simple bash script - Rho
  • Donation ticket
    • Which account to use? FOSSASIA paypal
    • Ticket price Minimum 50 USD

Action Items

  • All: please submit a session or a session holder to our own event
  • Youngbin: Check MS translator license for use in conference
  • Youngbin: Publish donation ticket information on website and discourse
  • Hong Phuc Dang: Publish meeting minutes on Ubuntu wiki and discourse
  • Hong Phuc Dang: Next meeting chair - prepare and invite people to next meeting
  • Marketing team: publish a blog article on Ubuntu.com
  • Gunyoung Yoon: Prepare meeting minutes for next meeting (Note taker)
  • Next meeting: 2020-07-07 22:00 UTC+9

UbuconAsia/2021/MeetingMinutes/2021-06-23 (last edited 2021-07-06 02:36:19 by sukso96100)