2021-07-21

Meeting minutes for 2021-07-21

When

  • 2021-07-21 22:00 ~ 24:00 UTC+9
  • Text chat meeting on telegram

Attendees

  • Chair: Gunyoung Yoon (KR)
  • Note taker: Youngbin Han (KR)
  • Sartika Lestari (ID)
  • Fumihito Yoshida (JP)
  • Yudhi Satrio (ID)
  • Liam Zheng (CN)
  • Rohit Man Amatya (NP)

Agendas

  • Updates from teams
  • Action items from last meeting
  • Topics for discussions

New members

None

Updates from teams

  • Coordination team
    • Did similar things as usual (Publishing meeting notes, preparing meeting)
  • Marketing Team
    • Sartika is thinking about placing hosts logo and sponsors logo on publications
  • Technical team
    • Youngbin updated CI for video rendering to integrate with it
  • Sponsorship team
    • 2 contracts ongoing, contract doc sent out recently
      • Canonical - Liam is handling it now
      • WhaTab Labs - contract doc sent out today.

  • Content team
    • Closed CFP last wednesday
    • Received total 47 submissions
    • Yudhi said any organizer who wishes to do, should be able to review and rate submissions.

Action items from last meeting

  • All: please submit a session or workshop until July 14 (no further extension of deadline) OK
  • Finalize workshop submissions: OK
    • Rhoit: Linux desktop customization workshop
    • Ko Ko Ye: Microk8s workshop
    • RJ or BlueT?: GPG + Ubuntu CoC signing Workshop
    • Liam: Sponsored workshop session from canonical?
  • Marketing team: publish a blog article on Ubuntu.com INCOMPLETE
  • Gunyoung Yoon: Publish meeting minutes on Ubuntu wiki and discourse OK
  • Gunyoung Yoon: Next meeting chair - prepare and invite people to next meeting OK
  • Youngbin Han: Prepare meeting minutes for next meeting (Note taker) OK
  • Next meeting: 2020-07-21 22:00 UTC+9 OK

Topics for discussion

  • Proposal review
    • Acceptance and Rejection Criteria
      • Things to consider: how much sessions do we accept, overall difficulties of contents
      • Yoshida: Categorize difficulty level (e.g. beginner, users, experts, etc.)
    • Criteria for rejection
      • Too insufficient information
      • Advertises company product
      • Topics really nothing to do with ubuntu, open source and community
      • average 0~1 score rating
      • Remove or merge duplicate topics
    • Review should be done until end of this month
  • Video work schedules
    • Pre-recorded session video submission deadline
    • Soft deadline: Aug 24th
    • Final deadline: Aug 31st
    • Only give some more time for those who lost at the last minute to submit a video.
  • Subtitle deadline
    • Soft deadline: up to each translator team
    • final deadline: September 23rd
  • Slide template
    • Formats: ODF, PPTX
    • Enforce all sessions except sponsored sessions.
  • Event dates timetable
    • Dedicated time slot for virtual booth
    • Rather than ask sponsors/partners for their desired virtual booth video call time. Put 30min~1h breaktime in the middle of the timetable each day. and tell them to run video call during break time (It’s like office hours format)
  • Social events?
    • (Leave your ideas below)
    • Tour of each host communities’ city through video
    • something similar to Window-Swap during a long break time?
    • https://www.window-swap.com/Window

  • Check if enough subtitle volunteer resources available for each language
    • Korean
    • Japanese
    • Chinese(China)
    • Chinese(Taiwan)
    • Cantonese
    • Indonesian

Action Items

  • Youngbin Han: Publish meeting minutes on Ubuntu wiki and discourse
  • Youngbin Han: Next meeting chair - prepare and invite people to next meeting
  • Hong Phuc Dang: Prepare meeting minutes for next meeting (Note taker)
  • Next meeting: 2020-08-04 22:00 UTC+9
  • Liam: Sponsored workshop session from canonical?
  • Marketing team: publish a blog article on Ubuntu.com
  • Yudhi: Add reviewer scoring on list of proposals sheet.
  • Youngbin: write and bring event timetable draft.

UbuconAsia/2021/MeetingMinutes/2021-07-21 (last edited 2021-07-25 13:53:51 by sukso96100)