Please support version 1.2.7 of um-imapproxy
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* Message Faces (http://www.message-faces.com) - Extension for Mozilla Thunderbird, which display email sender's picture in the inbox.|
This is the page for users to contribute ideas to Ubuntu distribution. The page will continually be updated. We will comment on things as much as possible. Give ideas a Yes/No vote.
Better support for PDF (something like CoreImage of Mac OS X is what I would love to see)
- Better Sticky notes (again, the post-it notes widget from Mac OS X is a great example)
- NVIDIA Optimus integration (though this may be up to NVIDIA, not Canonical)
- Restore Point - back the whole image of OS to one point (as it has windows XP and later, or Solaris has a Time Slider)
- Better search function with searching by content inside PDF and text files (something like Mac OS X's Spotlight. Fast, effective, easy to use.)
Message Faces (http://www.message-faces.com) - Extension for Mozilla Thunderbird, which display email sender's picture in the inbox.
Cfengine3 (http://www.cfengine.org) - configuration management software. Would be especially good to include in Lucid, for LTS customers.
- evince or okular support for playing embedded videos on pdfs. Basic feature for presentations.
eclipse (recent version, provided 3.2 is ridiculous...) - tars are no option, especially for non-intel platforms...
sdlBasic (http://sdlbasic.sf.net) - ansi-basic interpreter using sdl libaries
wxBasic (http://wxbasic.sf.net) - ansi-basic interpreter using wxwidgets libraries
Password Gorilla (http://fpx.de/fp/Software/Gorilla/) - Password Safe supporting .psafe3 files, recursive grouping, much metadata and keygen. (tcl/tk-based)
Screenlets (http://screenlets.org/index.php/Home) - Add mini-applications to the GNOME-Desktop
GDC, GNU D Compiler (http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/) - compiler for the D Programming Language.
DMD (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/) - Digital Mars official compiler for the D Programming Language.
truecrypt (http://www.truecrypt.org) - Free open-source disk and container file encryption software
zimbra (http://www.zimbra.com) - Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS)is a modern, innovative messaging and collaboration application.
cvsxxdiff (http://cvsxxdiff.googlecode.com) - Utilities to graphically review the status and changes on files managed by a CVS repository, providing overview of a project's evolution, changesets and changelogs.
spicebird (http://spicebird.com) - A project to work in a collaborative way, it is a fork of Sunbird and Thunderbird with a clean interface
- Integration of all network configuration tools. Allowing the user to set the proxy according to the network his connected to, instead of doing this separetely everytime.
sshdfilter (http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/sshdfilter/) a great piece of software reducing ssh attacks to almost zero. With sshdfilter installed, taking each attack on a case by case basis:
- 347 attempts becomes 0 attempts - first attemped guess was for a non-existant user, so was instantly blocked.
- 306 attempts becomes 0 attempts - same reason, non-existant user.
- 115 attempts becomes 1 attempt - first guess was for root and is allowed a default of 3 chances, the second guess was for a non-existant user and so was blocked anyway.
- 115 attempts becomes 1 attempt - same as previous.
- 127 attempts becomes 3 attempts - many initial guesses for root account, so sshdfilter blocks after the first 3 failed attempts.
- 18 attempts becomes 0 attempts - first attempted guess was for a non-existant user, so was blocked instantly.
- 554 attempts becomes 3 attempts - many initial guesses for root accont, so sshdfilter blocks after the first 3 failed attempts.
- 107 attempts becomes 1 attempt - first guess was for a valid user (nobody), second guess was for a non-existant user so was blocked.
- 9 attempts becomes 0 attempts - first guess was for a non-existant user so was blocked instantly.
- 52 attempts becomes 3 attempts - many initial guesses for root accont, so sshdfilter blocks after the first 3 failed attempts.
GNU-ARM toolchain (http://www.gnuarm.com/) - Compiler tool chain for developing on embedded arm boards (much like the avr-gcc tool chain).
Cobol for Linux/Ubuntu - As far as I know there are no Cobol platforms or development tools for real Cobol application. Earlier I used Mainframe Express (Windows!) to develop and debug Cobol applications but I have not found anything that can be compared in portability and usefulness for Linux/Ubuntu. I am sure it can be developed but this far nothing. OpenCobol and its like is not an option, in the real (Cobol) world it would be a new barrier. Cobol with DB2 sql is rock solid and should *not* be ported to other unreliable platforms.
Raw Therapee (http://www.rawtherapee.com) - Since January 2010 it is GPL'ed at last. It should be available for Ubuntu, because it is the most usable free RAW converter.
Foxit PDF Reader (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/desklinux/) - If Acrobat why not Foxit?
- Multiple file renaming integrated into Nautilus - Lots of end-users need to rename multiple photographs, music/video files and newbies quite often. It would be nice if multiple files could be selected, right-clicked and renamed without having install a nautilus script or a dedicated program.
Imapproxy Version 1.2.7 - Because this bug (http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/imapproxy-info/2009-October/000835.html) is now corrected. Up to version 1.2.6-5 I had to start imapproxy manually (after powerloss) because the proxy started faster than my destination imap-server.