Revision 1 as of 2006-10-20 06:06:32
add link to LP
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|* '''Launchpad entry''': none yet||* '''Launchpad entry''': https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-feisty-ha-clusters|
Please check the status of this specification in Launchpad before editing it. If it is Approved, contact the Assignee or another knowledgeable person before making changes.
Packages affected: ocfs2-tools, redhat-cluster-suite, openais, kernel
Ubuntu supports a variety of HA solutions in main. These tools and solutions need to be constantly updated and maintained.
A lot of improvements have been done on these tools since edgy release. These improvements need to be incorporated into feisty.
- Company foo wants to run the latest version of Ubuntu on their redhat cluster and oracle cluster. They expect Ubuntu to keep up with the development done from upstream.
- Company bar wants to deploy a new redhat cluster suite and it expects Ubuntu to provide the very latest conga suite for cluster deployment and use GFS2 due to its performance improvements.
- Update GFS/GFS2/OCFS2 kernel support and userland.
- Package conga from redhat cluster suite to replace system-config-cluster.
Data preservation and migration
Our kernel supports all the 3 major clustered FS. The migration path is therefor very smooth. RedHat upstream agreed with us to support GFS for a much longer term in order to make gfs -> gfs2 migration smoother.
- conga packaging complexity.