updated ham badge url
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
'''Sub-pages :''' <<Navigation(children,1)>>
The Ubuntu Hams Team exists to bring together Amateur Radio Operators and developers of Amateur Radio packages who use Ubuntu to:
- Provide a meeting place for Amateur Radio Operators using Ubuntu Linux
- Promote Amateur Radio as an enjoyable hobby for all interested people
- Promote and help each other use Amateur Radio applications on Ubuntu Linux
- Organize and collaborate on the development, packaging and maintenance where needed for Amateur Radio applications, both in Ubuntu Linux and upstream.
- Help provide documentation for Linux APIs, i.e. for sound interfaces
- Allow experienced Ubuntu users and the bug handling community to help process bugs reported against Amateur Radio apps running on Ubuntu
- Connect application users with upstream teams in order to facilitate testing
- And more!
We hang out on IRC in #ubuntu-hams on irc.freenode.com
The Launchpad page for the team is here:
Please join the Launchpad team and also the associated mailing list.
How To Join
Join the team on the Launchpad Team Page
- Sign up for the mailing list on that page.
Add your information to the Members Wiki Page
Introduce yourself on the IRC channel: #ubuntu-hams on irc.freenode.com
Once you are done with these steps, you can order a slick Ubuntu Hams callsign badge as described below:
After completing the steps above, you are eligible to order your very own Ubuntu Hams callsign badge from here.
Developer Team Page
There is also a launchpad team for developers, packagers, and people interested in helping to process bugs against ham packages:
On Air Activities
UbuntuHamsNets - a page listing our on-air nets
Member and Package Information
UbuntuHamsMembers - All members are encouraged to update their names, call signs, and information. This page also includes information on our special callsign badges.
UbuntuHamsPackages - a list of amateur radio packages, with links to upstream and bug reports.
UbuntuHamDevelopersBugSubscriptions - a list of packages for which the dev list gets bug reports
Eventually maybe we'll have some troubleshooting pages specific for ham packages, but for now here's a page about generic troubleshooting of sound issues.
The artwork for the UbuntuHams/Logo is available.
|/Logo /MenuBar /USBSoundModem /usbSerialPorts /wsjtSetup|