ax25 how to
rms how to
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
|* [[http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinuxRMS/message/966|Linux RMS]] Yahoo group which uses Ubuntu as a base.||* [[http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinuxRMS/message/966|Linux RMS]] Yahoo group. It's developed on Ubuntu. Here's the [[http://18.104.22.168:800/docs/Myhowto.html|how-to]].|
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
Some testing items:
* [[/USBSoundModem|USB Sound Modem config]]
|* [[/USBSoundModem|USB Sound Modem How-To]] which allows you to use something like a Tigertronics SignaLink USB to access your local packet BBS.|
The Ubuntu Hams Team exists to bring together Amateur Radio Operators and developers of Amateur Radio packages who use Ubuntu to:
- Provide a meeting place for Amateur Radio Operators using Ubuntu Linux
- Promote Amateur Radio as an enjoyable hobby for all interested people
- Promote and help each other use Amateur Radio applications on Ubuntu Linux
- Organize and collaborate on the development, packaging and maintenance where needed for Amateur Radio applications, both in Ubuntu Linux and upstream.
- Help provide documentation for Linux APIs, i.e. for sound interfaces
- Allow experienced Ubuntu users and the bug handling community to help process bugs reported against Amateur Radio apps running on Ubuntu
- Connect application users with upstream teams in order to facilitate testing
- And more!
We hang out on IRC in #ubuntu-hams on irc.freenode.com
General Ham Radio information
The Launchpad page for the team is here:
Please join the Launchpad team and also the associated mailing list.
How To Join
Join the team on the Launchpad Team Page
- Sign up for the mailing list on that page.
Add your information to the Members Wiki Page
Introduce yourself on the IRC channel: #ubuntu-hams on irc.freenode.com
Once you are done with these steps, you can order a slick Ubuntu Hams callsign badge as described below:
After completing the steps above, you are eligible to order your very own Ubuntu Hams callsign badge from here.
Developer Team Page
There is also a launchpad team for developers, packagers, and people interested in helping to process bugs against ham packages:
On Air Activities
UbuntuHamsNets - a page listing our on-air nets
Member and Package Information
UbuntuHamsMembers - All members are encouraged to update their names, call signs, and information. This page also includes information on our special callsign badges.
UbuntuHamsPackages - a list of amateur radio packages, with links to upstream and bug reports.
UbuntuHamDevelopersBugSubscriptions - a list of packages for which the dev list gets bug reports
Configuration and Troubleshooting
Eventually we'll have some configuration and troubleshooting pages specific for ham packages.
Generic sound troubleshooting
Linux AX.25 How-to for all your needs.
The artwork for the UbuntuHams/Logo is available.
|/Logo /MenuBar /USBSoundModem /usbSerialPorts /wsjtSetup|