Please check the status of this specification in Launchpad before editing it. If it is Approved, contact the Assignee or another knowledgeable person before making changes.
Launchpad entry: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/suspend-harmony
Packages affected: acpi-support, hal, powermanagement-interface
- Research available upstream software suspend options with the intention to select the most robust and easiest to extend.
- Document solutions found in the homegrown Ubuntu acpi-support scripts.
- Backport the solutions to the selected upstream software.
- Integrate the merged software into feisty+1.
- Develop a software suspend test suite for inclusion on the feisty+1 live CD.
Software Suspend in Ubuntu is a finicky beast. The infrastructure behind it (acpi-support) has been built-up homegrown trial and error.
Data preservation and migration