Revision 1 as of 2009-11-10 07:35:56

Clear message


The purpose of this page is to help on the planning of language pack exports and updates

Exports schedule


From the u-t-c mailing list discussion, everyone seems to agree to drop Intrepid, so I believe we can do it straight away. I personally am not too sure about dropping Hardy, but I'd be fine with it if we define and document a clear procedure to request language pack updates. -- dpm 2009-11-10 07:35:56

Language packs

  • Automatic PPA uploads
    • Do we still want weekly PPA uploads for Jaunty, or once per month? Or stop them and generate them on request?
    • Karmic PPAs seem to be disabled
  • Language pack updates
    • What do we do for Jaunty? It will probably depend on what we decide for the PPAs. Do we want montly updates?
    • We should define a schedule for Karmic. Proposal: monthly updates, 2 weeks after the PPA upload being tested. E.g. announce a 16th Nov PPA for testing and release the first language pack on the 30th Nov.


We should probably discuss all this at UDS, but please, add your comments here. I'd still leave the Jaunty PPAs as they are, but perhaps reducing the frequency of uploads to monthly. In any case, we should update the text on the PPA page to reflect the current situation, since the current text is misleading. -- dpm 2009-11-10 07:35:56