|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
= Get Started =
* Get Involved with the development of Ubuntu Tweak (currently the gi-rewrite is the next branch): https://github.com/tualatrix/ubuntu-tweak/wiki/Get-involved-with-Ubuntu-Tweak-Development
Ubuntu Tweak is an application which makes configuring Ubuntu easier for everyone. It allows tweaking of many useful desktop and system configuration options which are unavailable via native system tools.
Get Involved with the development of Ubuntu Tweak (currently the gi-rewrite is the next branch): https://github.com/tualatrix/ubuntu-tweak/wiki/Get-involved-with-Ubuntu-Tweak-Development
This is the first version targeting to be the "Power Users Tool" and try to get into Ubuntu repository. The major changes will be:
Safety feature: API set to backup/restore the settings
- Support install and load plug-ins from $HOME/.local/ubuntu-tweak/plugins
- Separate "Application/Source Center" as a plug-in (Install from PPA, package name: ubuntu-tweak-community-plugins)
Janitor: The previous "Package Cleaner" will be renamed to "Janitor", to instead the "Computer Janitor", it will support plug-in too.
- Based on PyGObject instead of PyGTK, so it will be work under Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric with GTK+3.0 smoothly
- Cover all parts of Ubuntu which can be configured (keep the core simple, extend with plugins)
- Time line based view with all settings done by user, so that user can always know what he did before and easy to revert(try the Zeitgeist)