UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter, please pay attention to the following guidelines:
We use [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobby Gobby] to edit UWN, Gobby can be installed with sudo apt-get install gobby or the package gobby. Once installed point it to 188.8.131.52 port 6255 and password ufl@ftw the host has given permission to any UWN translation team to use the server as well.
Creating a new development copy
- Create it as soon as possible, to allow possible editing by new people
Use the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/IssueTemplate:Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Template] to start out.
During the Week
- Add content, encourge new people to add their own content
Pay attention to the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas:Ideas] page
- have all sections completed
- run a spellcheck
- FIX any FIXME tags
- check all images are in place and the links are valid
- All editors attributed at the bottom (this usually changes each week)
Have the MarketingTeam proofread all that is written.
Sending the email
After everybody has checked off, it must be sent to the ubuntu-news mailing list. The email is email@example.com. The mail will be caught in the spam filter, so will need to find CoreyBurger and get him to pass it through the filter.
- When sending, send from your @ubuntu.com address, send ONLY in plain text.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix redirect at UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Current
Change UbuntuWeeklyNews to reflect new current
Update [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Archive:the Archive]