UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter, please pay attention to the following guidelines:
We use the [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobby Gobby] in EdgyEft (0.4.1) to edit UWN, Gobby can be installed with sudo apt-get install gobby or the package gobby. Once installed point it to 126.96.36.199 port 6522 and password ufl@ftw the host has given permission to any UWN translation team to use the server as well. If this server goes down, there is a backup server available at yarusso.no-ip.org port 6523, same password - note the non-standard port!
If you are still using dapper use [http://pkern.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gobby/gobby_0.4.1-1_i386.deb this deb]
- Please do not modify the template without consulting the supervising editors.
Core Articles and their editor
(cannot be dropped for a release)
- General community news (Open Contribution, Supervised by Cody Somerville)
- Feisty Changes (Corey to get list, everybody can edit)
Security announcements (Tony Yarusso & Cody Somerville, set format, easy for anybody)
- Upcoming meetings and events (Cody Somerville)
Secondary and their editor
(can be dropped to release on time)
LoCo News (Melissa as final editor, anybody can add and edit, weekly encouragement to lococontacts list)
- Launchpad News (must be Christian Reis)
- Specification Spotlight/Feature of the week (Cody Somerville, may include debaday)
- Team of the week (Cody Somerville)
- Backports (set format, easy for anybody)
- In the Press (Tony Yarusso, anybody can add and edit)
- Bug stats (Cody Somerville, set format, easy for anybody)
Creating a new development copy
- Create it as soon as possible, to allow possible editing by new people
Use the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/IssueTemplate:Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Template] to start out.
During the Week
- Add content, encourge new people to add their own content
Pay attention to the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas:Ideas] page
- Write concisely (that's one of the things people like about UWN)
- have all sections completed
- run a spellcheck
- FIX any FIXME tags
- check all images are in place and the links are valid
- All editors attributed at the bottom (this usually changes each week)
Have the MarketingTeam proofread all that is written.
Sending the email
After everybody has checked off, it must be sent to the ubuntu-news mailing list. The email is email@example.com. The mail will be caught in the spam filter, so will need to find CoreyBurger and get him to pass it through the filter.
- When sending, send from your @ubuntu.com address, send ONLY in plain text.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix redirect at UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Current
Change UbuntuWeeklyNews to reflect new current
Update [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Archive:the Archive]
- Update topic in #ubuntu-marketing