UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter, please pay attention to the following guidelines:
We use the [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobby Gobby] in EdgyEft (0.4.1) to edit UWN, Gobby can be installed with sudo apt-get install gobby or the package gobby. Once installed point it to 18.104.22.168 port 6523 (obby://ubuntu.juliux.de:6523/) and password ufl@ftw
Redundant hourly backups WERE located at http://yarusso.no-ip.org/ubuntu/uwn_backups/ and http://www.uluga.com.ar/gobby_backup/ - no longer after my server died, but we can use the same mechanism on another, which is quite simple. Talk to Tony later.
If you are still using dapper use [http://pkern.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gobby/gobby_0.4.1-1_i386.deb this deb]
- Please do not modify the template without consulting the supervising editors.
Core Articles and their editor
(cannot be dropped for a release)
- General community news (Open Contribution, Supervised by Cody Somerville)
- Feisty Changes (Corey to get list, everybody can edit)
Security announcements (Tony Yarusso & Cody Somerville, set format, easy for anybody)
- Upcoming meetings and events (Cody Somerville)
Secondary and their editor
(can be dropped to release on time)
LoCo News (anybody can add and edit, weekly encouragement to loco mailing list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/loco-contacts)
- Launchpad News (Matthew Revell, but it changes frequently)
- Specification Spotlight/Feature of the week (decided during the week in IRC or Mailing List)
- Team of the week (decided during the week in IRC or Mailing List)
- New in Feisty (major changes in Fiesty)
- In the Press (Tony Yarusso, anybody can add and edit)
- Bug stats (Cody Somerville, set format, easy for anybody)
Creating a new development copy
- Create it as soon as possible, to allow possible editing by new people
Use the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/IssueTemplate:Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Template] to start out.
During the Week
- Add content, encourge new people to add their own content
Pay attention to the [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas:Ideas] page
- Write concisely (that's one of the things people like about UWN)
- have all sections completed
- run a spellcheck
- FIX any FIXME tags
- check all images are in place and the links are valid
- All editors attributed at the bottom (this usually changes each week)
Have the MarketingTeam proofread all that is written.
Sending the email
After everybody has checked off, it must be sent to the ubuntu-news mailing list. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail will be caught in the spam filter, so will need to find CoreyBurger and get him to pass it through the filter.
- When sending, send from your @ubuntu.com address, send ONLY in plain text.
Send to email@example.com
- Fix redirect at UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Current
Change UbuntuWeeklyNews to reflect new current
Update [:UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Archive:the Archive]
- Update topic in #ubuntu-marketing
[Needs Definition] Send an email to LoCo and Translators list
[Needs Definition] Open up a forum thread with the UWN. Maybe http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=222 ?
- [Needs Definition] Make sure it's posted in the Fridge