Differences between revisions 420 and 433 (spanning 13 versions)
WhatWindowsUsersWant is not documentation, removing link
← Revision 433 as of 2008-08-06 16:40:58
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|##Please discuss major/structural changes to this page on the Documentation team mailing list at: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc
##If you want to get involved with editing and organising the Wiki please visit DocumentationTeam.
##YOU MUST READ THE WikiGuide PAGE BEFORE EDITING THE DOCUMENTATION ON THE WIKI!
## This page is designed to remain mostly static - make and propose changes to the pages that are linked-to from this page
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Contents'''[[BR]][[TableOfContents(1)]]||
Welcome to the home of community documentation for Ubuntu! Before editing this page, please read the WikiGuide page. Thanks!
= Start Here =
* [http://help.ubuntu.com Official Documentation Website] - Including the [http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html Ubuntu], [http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/kubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html Kubuntu] and [http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/xubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html Xubuntu] Desktop Guides and the [http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/ubuntu/serverguide/C/index.html Server Guide].
* [:HowToGetHelp:Other Resources] - Lists support resources for Ubuntu.
* [:LocalSupport:Other Languages] - Index of the documentation in other languages.
* ["Installation"] - Guides to basic and advanced methods of installing Ubuntu, and the supported architectures and hardware.
== After you've installed Ubuntu ==
* [:SwitchingToUbuntu:Switching to Ubuntu] - what sets Ubuntu apart from other Linux distributions.
* [:RestrictedFormats:Multimedia Support] - For MP3, DVD and other formats, and Java support.
* [:RootSudo:Administrator privileges] - In Ubuntu, the ''root'' user is replaced by ''sudo'', find out more here.
* [:SoftwareManagement:Adding/Removing/Updating Programs] - how to manage software in Ubuntu.
= Software - Installing and Running Software =
* [:Multimedia] - Multimedia and Graphics related guides.
* [:InternetAndNetworking:Internet & Networking] - Internet and Networking related guides.
* [:Accessibility/doc/Guide:Accessibility] - A comprehensive guide to making Ubuntu easier to use for those with special physical or visual challenges.
* ["Games"] - Contains a list of great games for Ubuntu.
* [:UbuntuEyeCandy:EyeCandy] - Ubuntu eye candy/artwork index.
* [:CorporateUbuntu:Business Environment] - Guides on configuring Ubuntu for use in Business Environments.
* [:Servers] - Guides on configuring various Servers.
* [:Programming] - Programming related guides.
* [:OSEmulation:OS Emulation] - Guides on setting up various OS Emulation tools.
= Maintain and Administer your System =
* SystemAdministration - Guides on performing System Administration, Configuration & Maintenance tasks within Ubuntu.
* [:Security] - Guides related to Security tools and best-practices.
= Hardware & Drivers =
* [:HardwareSupport:Ubuntu Hardware Support] - Main hardware support page.
* [:DrivesAndPartitions:Drives and Partitions] - Drive and Partition related guides.
* [:Peripherals:Keyboard and Mouse] - Keyboard and Mouse related guides.
* [:LaptopTestingTeam:Laptops] - Laptop hardware guides.
* [:NetworkDevices:Network, Wireless & Internet Devices] - Network & Internet Device related guides.
* [:Printers] - Guides on installing and managing Printers.
* [:Sound] - Guides on installing and managing Sound devices.
* ThinClients - Guides on setting up and managing Thin Client architectures.
* [:Video] - Guides on installing and managing Video-related hardware.
|#REFRESH 0 http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UserDocumentation|