This is the Ubuntu Washington LoCo Team wiki page. We are here to promote and support the use of Ubuntu and FLOSS in the State of Washington.
- Have an idea for someone we should give Ubuntu CDs to?
- Know of an event we should be at? Need help getting Ubuntu installed?
- Have a problem with something Ubuntu-related?
Email our mailing list or post on our (not-yet-live) forum. We're all volunteers and happy to help out.
IRC Channel: #ubuntu-us-wa on irc.freenode.net:6667
IRC Logs: http://ilbot.colliertech.org/ubuntu-us-wa/
Mailing list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-wa
Launchpad Team: https://launchpad.net/~washingtonstate (needs a name-change to fit standard: ubuntu-washington)
Forum: not activated yet
The current official contact is Chuck West. He can be contacted at (360) 292-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
How to Contribute
Join up and help out with some of our projects. Many LUGS also accept donations and help. Some currently happening LUGS are:
Greater Seattle Linux Users Group http://www.gslug.org
Olympia Linux Users Group http://olylug.org/
You can join our team by first signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and then joining our Launchpad Team. We ask that you sign the code of conduct because it allows everyone to be on the same page as far as expectations are concerned. Then join our mailing list and/or check out the IRC channel and forum, when it's activated, to get in touch with others.
Our current projects include:
- Helping as many people start using Ubuntu as possible.
- Establishing a community hub of Ubuntu activity in Washington state.
- Demonstrating superior computing techniques using existing hardware.
- Distribute Ubuntu CDS throughout Washington.
See WashingtonTeam/Projects for more information.
|/ApprovalApplication /BookRequests /Brainstorm /Events /GetInvolved /IRC /LeadershipElections /LeadershipNominations /Meetings /ProfileRoulette /Projects /TeamReports|