Added a screenshot
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Package Name: indicator-weather
Natty Narwhal doesn't support the Gnome Weather applet, so an indicator replacement is required. Enter: indicator-weather.
- Shows the current weather conditions and temperature in the panel
- Shows more information about the current weather in the indicator's menu
- Optionally shows weather conditions and temperatures at several other locations
- Three levels of notification - none, on weather change, on severe condition weather change
Suggestions, Plans, TODO
Please use project blueprints at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Right now, we're working on moving from pure Python to a Python/Vala combination, which will allow the indicator to have a very swish menu.
When this lands, it will bring:
- "Feels like" temperatures - Heat Index, Wind Chill, Humidex and Apparent Temperature
- Guess your location
- 3 day forecasts in the menu
In the long-term forecast:
- Use Weather Underground data
- Show radar maps
Weather Indicator uses the Indicator framework and Python. Weather data is obtained from Yahoo or Google, and the Google Weather API is used for forecasts.