|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|=== Suggestions, Plans, TODO ===||=== PPA ===
indicator-weather is available from the Ubuntu repositories. But the version in the repositories is not updated very often. To get the latest features and bugfixes, add our stable PPA: '''ppa:weather-indicator-team/ppa''' . More details are available [[https://launchpad.net/~weather-indicator-team/+archive/ppa|here]].
=== Coming Features ===
|Line 37:||Line 40:|
To request a new feature that's not on this list, you can [[https://blueprints.launchpad.net/weather-indicator|register a blueprint]], or simply hit us up on [[https://twitter.com/IndicatrWeather|Twitter]], [[https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indicator-Weather/160650143999010|Facebook]] or [[https://identi.ca/indicatorweather|identi.ca]].
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Package Name: indicator-weather
Natty Narwhal doesn't support the Gnome Weather applet, so an indicator replacement is required. Enter: indicator-weather.
- Shows the current weather conditions and temperature in the panel
- Shows more information about the current weather in the indicator's menu
- Optionally shows weather conditions and temperatures at several other locations
- Three levels of notification - none, on weather change, on severe condition weather change
indicator-weather is available from the Ubuntu repositories. But the version in the repositories is not updated very often. To get the latest features and bugfixes, add our stable PPA: ppa:weather-indicator-team/ppa . More details are available here.
Please use project blueprints at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Right now, we're working on moving from pure Python to a Python/Vala combination, which will allow the indicator to have a very swish menu.
When this lands, it will bring:
- "Feels like" temperatures - Heat Index, Wind Chill, Humidex and Apparent Temperature
- Guess your location
- 3 day forecasts in the menu
In the long-term forecast:
- Use Weather Underground data
- Show radar maps
Weather Indicator uses the Indicator framework and Python. Weather data is obtained from Yahoo or Google, and the Google Weather API is used for forecasts.