Removed reference to (unused) unstable PPA
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|Unstable PPA: '''ppa:weather-indicator-team/unstable'''|
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Package Name: indicator-weather
Natty Narwhal doesn't support the Gnome Weather applet, so an indicator replacement is required. This indicator goes above and beyond the original applet.
- Shows the current weather conditions and temperature in the panel
- Shows more information about the current weather in the indicator's menu
- Optionally shows weather conditions and temperatures at several other locations
- Three levels of notification - none, on weather change, on severe condition weather change
Suggestions, Plans, TODO
Please use project blueprints at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/weather-indicator
Right now, we're working on moving from pure Python to a Python/Vala combination, which will allow the indicator to have a very swish menu.
Other additions in the forecastable future are:
- Guess your location
- 3 day forecasts in the menu
- Use Weather Underground data
- Show radar maps
Weather Indicator uses the Indicator framework and Python. Weather data is obtained from Yahoo or Google, and the Google Weather API is used for forecasts.