24052009

This is the 3rd meeting of the Welsh LoCo Team, starting at 19:37 GMT and finishing at 20:57 GMT

Attendance

Please type PRESENT when the meeting starts to indicate who is online and paying attention.

Active Atendees:

  • ianto
  • brobostigon
  • arthurL
  • TonyP
  • kn100
  • The_Toxic_Mite

Minutes

  • A summary of the meeting will be placed here after the meeting. Topics will be linked to the topics in the log.

Guide Lines

The meeting moderator will ensure key points are discussed. Key points from the Agenda will be noted by [TOPIC] Agenda item. When ideas are put forward to be considered they should be noted by [IDEA] Idea. The meeting moderator will indicate the final state of each topic by [ACTION] Action being taken. This should signify that the topic is discussed and the meeting is moving forward. The meeting moderator will use special tags to start and end the meeting and its recording. Please see MootBot for details on specific tags.

IRC LOGS

   1 19:37 < MootBot> Meeting started at 13:37. The chair is ianto.
   2 19:37 < MootB [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   3 19:37 < brobostigon> present
   4 19:37 < ianto> [topic] Intro
   5 19:37 < MootBot> New Topic:  Intro
   6 19:37 < ianto> Present
   7 19:37 < ianto> Right first off I just made a little agenda summary on the wiki
   8 19:37 < ianto> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam/IRC/Agenda
   9 19:37 < ianto> These will be discussion topics for today
  10 19:38 < brobostigon> minute, i will w3m
  11 19:38 < ianto> Right, first off as maany of you do know, we have our forums setup.
  12 19:38 < ianto> What would you like to see in there?
  13 19:38 < ianto> As so far only I and TonyP have posted there
  14 19:38 < kn100> ianto i didnt know they existed
  15 19:38 < TonyP> yep
  16 19:39 < kn100> maybe better advertising
  17 19:39 < ianto> kn100: http://cymru.ubuntuforums.org/
  18 19:39 < kn100> thanks you
  19 19:39 < ianto> [topic] Forums
  20 19:39 < MootBot> New Topic:  Forums
  21 19:39 < ianto> Oops forgetting stuff as the IRC chair d'oh
  22 19:40 < ianto> Regardless, how many of you utilise the ubuntuforums.org forum normally?
  23 19:40 < kn100> a lot of the time, the search feature is handy when looking for how to do stuff
  24 19:41 < brobostigon> well the forums are there, to discuss anything that could be disccused within ubuntu-cymru, ie anything.
  25 19:41 < TonyP> Not much myself, launchpad for me
  26 19:42 < ianto> Right, so for example what would you want to be discussed in the forums?
  27 19:42 < TonyP> I will monitor our forum though
  28 19:42 < brobostigon> ianto: anything, and everything i suspect can be discussed via the forum.
  29 19:42 < kn100> i think the forums would be best discussing what is happening within the group
  30 19:42 < ianto> P.S. get posting in the intro thread!
  31 19:42 < brobostigon> kn100: and technical questions,
  32 19:43 < ianto> [action] Post in the intro thread
  33 19:43 < MootBot> ACTION received:  Post in the intro thread
  34 19:43 < ianto> :)
  35 19:43 < ianto> Right so when new stuff comes up and even stuff that gets discussed inthe meetings
  36 19:43 < ianto> We  will relay them onto the forums
  37 19:43 < ianto> We have an interest over there now hopefully :)
  38 19:44 < brobostigon> thats good thinking ianto
  39 19:44 < ianto> Right makes sense, we can use the forums with SFD too (later in the meeting)
  40 19:45 < brobostigon> SFD?
  41 19:45 < ianto> Software Freedom Day
  42 19:45 < kn100> i dont know what to put in my intro post :)
  43 19:45 < brobostigon> :), i just changes to w3m ,to check,
  44 19:46 < ianto> kn100: Do that after :)
  45 19:46 < ianto> kn100: I'll talk you through it if needed ;p
  46 19:46 < brobostigon> so we all post an intro about ourselves to the forum,?
  47 19:47 < kn100> kn100 nah i just posted something short
  48 19:47 < ianto> kn100: Cool enough
  49 19:47 < ianto> brobostigon: Later to acknowledge that we know that it exists!
  50 19:48 < ianto> s/it/the\ forums
  51 19:48 < brobostigon> ianto: ok, i understand,
  52 19:48 < ianto> Right any other topics related to the forums that you guys wanna bring up?
  53 19:48 < brobostigon> nope, ianto
  54 19:49  * ianto is rushing btw if you are wondering ;)
  55 19:49 < brobostigon> why rush?
  56 19:49 < ianto> Otherwise we could be here for 3 hours :9
  57 19:49 < kn100> :O
  58 19:50 < ianto> TonyP: Any input? :)
  59 19:50 < TonyP> not really, but I would like to see more intros
  60 19:50 < brobostigon> ok ianto :)
  61 19:51 < ianto> [topic] New Website
  62 19:51 < MootBot> New Topic:  New Website
  63 19:51 < ianto> We currently have a server ready for our website
  64 19:51 < ianto> http://98.142.208.108
  65 19:51 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://98.142.208.108
  66 19:51 < ianto> It is a VPS however we don't yet have our domain
  67 19:52 < ianto> We will obtain this (hopefully) next week at UDS thanks to Jorge 
  68 19:52 < kn100> ianto are you looking to pay for the domain?
  69 19:52 < ianto> kn100: Ubuntu-eu provides it for free
  70 19:52 < TonyP> i see it works:)
  71 19:52 < ianto> So far the VPS has hardly any web content
  72 19:52 < ianto> However what we do have is http://98.142.208.108/planet
  73 19:52 < kn100> <html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html> epic html code
  74 19:52 < ianto> Which will be planet.ubuntu-cym.org
  75 19:53 < ianto> Firstly, what platform would you prefer our site to be?
  76 19:53 < ianto> i.e. Drupal, Django etc
  77 19:53 < ianto> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCreatingWebsite
  78 19:53 < ianto> On that site there are examples of which to use :)
  79 19:54 < ianto> There are awesome Drupal templates available ;)
  80 19:54 < brobostigon> i dont have the design knowledge to suggest anything here.
  81 19:54 < kn100> no comment
  82 19:54 < ianto> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Templates
  83 19:54 < ianto> Examples of some templates available for us to use
  84 19:56 < brobostigon> i personally prefer darker themes, easier on my eyes, like brobostigon.wordpress.com
  85 19:56 < ianto> I am seeking volunteer website maintainers to help adminstrate the site if they wish
  86 19:56 < ianto> And someone to fix brobo & The Planet ;)
  87 19:56 < brobostigon> ianto: i can put my name up for that. i have some stuff to learn.
  88 19:56 < brobostigon> though*
  89 19:57 < kn100> ianto
  90 19:57 < kn100> http://laubuntu.axxium.us/
  91 19:57 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://laubuntu.axxium.us/
  92 19:57 < kn100> thats xoops
  93 19:57 < kn100> it looks great
  94 19:58 < TonyP> i like that too
  95 19:58 < ianto> We have to find a trade-off between adminstrative difficulty and prettiness too ;)
  96 19:58 < brobostigon> there no point in prettiness if its difficult to look after.
  97 19:58 < kn100> yeah
  98 19:59 < kn100> wiki is awesome,
  99 19:59 < kn100> mediawiki
 100 19:59 < ianto> We utilise moin wiki at wiki.ubuntu.com kn100 
 101 19:59 < kn100> yes i see
 102 20:00 -!- The_Toxic_Mite [n=calvinps@host86-148-24-40.range86-148.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-cym
 103 20:00 < kn100> hi thetoxicmite?
 104 20:00 -!- arthurL [n=arthur@79-67-209-37.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-cym
 105 20:00 < ianto> arthurL: Good to see you
 106 20:00 < The_Toxic_Mite> Hello?
 107 20:00 < brobostigon> ok meeting chaps
 108 20:00 < The_Toxic_Mite> kn100: hi
 109 20:01 < arthurL> Sorry to be tarty to the party.
 110 20:01 < The_Toxic_Mite> I created #ubuntu-sco by accident btw
 111 20:01 < ianto> For those who just joined us, you ought to know thhat we are currently discussing  website platforms for ubuntu-cym.org
 112 20:01 < The_Toxic_Mite> lol
 113 20:01 < The_Toxic_Mite> arthurL: it's alright
 114 20:01 < ianto> Paying attention to these templates https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Templates
 115 20:01 < kn100> how easy is xoops to maintain?
 116 20:02 < ianto> kn100: It's alien to me ;)
 117 20:02 < ianto> [idea] Volunteer site maintainers for the website
 118 20:02 < MootBot> IDEA received:  Volunteer site maintainers for the website
 119 20:02 < kn100> Id help maintain the site, but i don't know how :)
 120 20:03 < brobostigon> ianto: i put my name forward, also have some parts to learn, on that front,
 121 20:03 < The_Toxic_Mite> kn100: +1
 122 20:03 < The_Toxic_Mite> although I am not welsh, I would like to help maintain it
 123 20:03 < The_Toxic_Mite> :D
 124 20:03 < brobostigon> The_Toxic_Mite: i am not welsh either
 125 20:03 < The_Toxic_Mite> brobostigon: Lol
 126 20:03 < kn100> oh lawd, a person without welsh blood in thier vains in the ubuntu-cym channel? its anarchy i tellz you
 127 20:04 < ianto> kn100: Just watch out for when we get overthrown ;)
 128 20:04 < brobostigon> kn100: my dads family is welsh
 129 20:04 < kn100> oh lawd, its anarchy
 130 20:04 < The_Toxic_Mite> kn100: shut up
 131 20:04 < kn100> :)
 132 20:04 < ianto> Anyway back to the meeting, I enjoy the idea of Drupal as so many other loCos have skinned a template for it already
 133 20:04 < The_Toxic_Mite> xD
 134 20:04 < kn100> Drupal, an example of it?
 135 20:04 < ianto> kn100: www.ubuntu.com ;)
 136 20:04 < arthurL> I also favour Drupal
 137 20:04 < brobostigon> ianto: ok, i dont know enough about drupal to give an opinion,
 138 20:05 < kn100> well ubuntu.com looks awesome, so drupal +1
 139 20:05 < ianto> Alright just a little vote to see who likes/is in favour of Drupal, use +1 for yes, 0 for abstain -1 for no
 140 20:05 < arthurL> +1
 141 20:05 < ianto> [vote] Should drupal be used for the stie?
 142 20:05 < MootBot> Please vote on:  Should drupal be used for the stie?.
 143 20:05 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 144 20:05 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-cym
 145 20:05 < ianto> *site
 146 20:05 < ianto> +1
 147 20:05 < TonyP> +1
 148 20:05 < MootBot> +1 received from TonyP. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 149 20:05 < MootBot> +1 received from ianto. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 150 20:05 < arthurL> +1
 151 20:05 < kn100> +1
 152 20:05 < MootBot> +1 received from arthurL. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 153 20:05 < MootBot> +1 received from kn100. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 154 20:06 < brobostigon> +1
 155 20:06 < MootBot> +1 received from brobostigon. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 156 20:06 < ianto> Heh unanimous decision (excuse my spelling ;) )
 157 20:06 < ianto> [endvote]
 158 20:06 < MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 5
 159 20:06 < ianto> Right that is sorted, second point across now, design our own theme or use another LoCo's?
 160 20:07 < brobostigon> a drupal theme,
 161 20:07 < kn100> ianto it depends, how easy is it to theme it?
 162 20:07 < ianto> kn100: I'm not a designer, I can't even use GIMP
 163 20:07 < brobostigon> i favour a darker theme,
 164 20:07 < ianto> i.e. dunno ^
 165 20:07 < TonyP> For speed use another LOCOs and fork it later
 166 20:07 < arthurL> +1 for darker theme
 167 20:07 < The_Toxic_Mite> How about a coffee-flavoured theme?
 168 20:08 < kn100> i can make images, and icons etc etc, but i have no knowledge in theming drupal
 169 20:08 < brobostigon> easier on eyes
 170 20:08 < The_Toxic_Mite> :P
 171 20:08 < ianto> So sticking with the universal Ubuntu theme is bad in your guys opinion?
 172 20:08 < ianto> That nearly all sites use?
 173 20:08 < ianto> exclusions to kubuntu ofc
 174 20:08 < brobostigon> ianto: i dont laways like it,
 175 20:08 < The_Toxic_Mite> [vote] Should the universal Ubuntu theme be used for the site?
 176 20:08 < MootBot> The_Toxic_Mite, Only the meeting chair can do that
 177 20:08 < kn100> universal ubuntu theme in my oppinion is too generic
 178 20:08 < The_Toxic_Mite> ok mootbot
 179 20:09 < ianto> [Vote] Standard Ubuntu Theme/Colours to be used?
 180 20:09 < MootBot> Please vote on:  Standard Ubuntu Theme/Colours to be used?.
 181 20:09 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 182 20:09 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-cym
 183 20:09 < ianto> happy The_Toxic_Mite?
 184 20:09 < ianto> +1
 185 20:09 < MootBot> +1 received from ianto. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 186 20:09 < brobostigon> -1
 187 20:09 < MootBot> -1 received from brobostigon. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 188 20:09 < TonyP> +1
 189 20:09 < MootBot> +1 received from TonyP. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 190 20:09 < arthurL> +1
 191 20:09 < MootBot> +1 received from arthurL. 3 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 192 20:09 < The_Toxic_Mite> ianto: yeah :P
 193 20:09 < The_Toxic_Mite> +1
 194 20:09 < MootBot> +1 received from The_Toxic_Mite. 4 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 195 20:09 < kn100> -1
 196 20:09 < MootBot> -1 received from kn100. 4 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 197 20:09 < ianto> [endvote]
 198 20:09 < MootBot> Final result is 4 for, 2 against. 0 abstained. Total: 2
 199 20:09 < ianto> Hmm 2:1 outcome
 200 20:10 < The_Toxic_Mite> Ubuntu colours to be used
 201 20:10 < ianto> The two who voted against, why is that?
 202 20:10 < The_Toxic_Mite> ianto: Re-start the poll?
 203 20:10 < kn100> i find the ubuntu colours too generic
 204 20:10 < brobostigon> i prefer darker themes ianto,
 205 20:10 < kn100> i think we need something unique
 206 20:10 < kn100> ubuntus base, but with a more welsh feel
 207 20:11 < brobostigon> kn100: agreed. :)
 208 20:11 < The_Toxic_Mite> kn100: good idea...
 209 20:11 < TonyP> something Welsh?
 210 20:11 < arthurL> We could always tweak it later.
 211 20:11 < ianto> kn100: We can achieve that with a standard Ubuntu theme ;)
 212 20:11 < kn100> revote then? :)
 213 20:11 < ianto> [Vote] Standard Ubuntu Themeset to be used with tweaks?
 214 20:11 < The_Toxic_Mite> Ubuntu logo in the colours of the welsh flag, perhaps?
 215 20:11 < MootBot> Please vote on:  Standard Ubuntu Themeset to be used with tweaks?.
 216 20:11 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 217 20:11 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-cym
 218 20:11 < ianto> Happy now revoters?
 219 20:11 < The_Toxic_Mite> +1
 220 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from The_Toxic_Mite. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 221 20:11 < ianto> +1
 222 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from ianto. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 223 20:11 < arthurL> +1
 224 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from arthurL. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 225 20:11 < kn100> +1
 226 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from kn100. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 227 20:11 < TonyP> +1
 228 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from TonyP. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 229 20:11 < brobostigon> +1
 230 20:11 < MootBot> +1 received from brobostigon. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 231 20:12 < ianto> Alright 6:0
 232 20:12 < ianto> [endvote]
 233 20:12 < MootBot> Final result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 6
 234 20:12 < kn100> there we go
 235 20:12 < The_Toxic_Mite> :D
 236 20:12 < ianto> [action] Use standard Ubuntu theme for Drupal but  edit it here and there for personal effects
 237 20:12 < MootBot> ACTION received:  Use standard Ubuntu theme for Drupal but  edit it here and there for personal effects
 238 20:12 < ianto> personal/groupanal? :p
 239 20:13 < ianto> Any other input for the website? :)
 240 20:13 < The_Toxic_Mite> ianto: Ubuntu logo in the colours of the welsh flag
 241 20:13 < arthurL> I've done a few
 242 20:14 < ianto> The_Toxic_Mite: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam ;)
 243 20:14 < ianto> Our logoo top right
 244 20:14 < arthurL> They're nothing special but I'm hoping to work on them soon
 245 20:14 < The_Toxic_Mite> neat!
 246 20:14 < ianto> arthurL: Can you do a black line around the white circle of friendship block?
 247 20:14 < ianto> To make it true white but stand otu
 248 20:14 < ianto> *out
 249 20:14 < The_Toxic_Mite> damn, I need to find someone that can speak Scots Gaelic
 250 20:14 < arthurL> They'll all need a black line in that case
 251 20:14 < The_Toxic_Mite> for my #ubuntu-sco channel
 252 20:14 < ianto> arthurL: Yeah I know :)
 253 20:15 < arthurL> I can do that
 254 20:15 < ianto> Coolio good to hear
 255 20:15 < kn100> any graphical work, im your man :)
 256 20:15 < arthurL> In fact, I have. I think.
 257 20:15 < ianto> We'll have a logo thread in the forums soon ;)
 258 20:15 < ianto> [action] Logo thread in the forums
 259 20:15 < MootBot> ACTION received:  Logo thread in the forums
 260 20:15 < arthurL> http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=502: What about this logo?
 261 20:15 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=502: What about this logo?
 262 20:15 < arthurL> The one to the right, that is.
 263 20:16 < kn100> http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?s=1374244ac28f989ba5559bbdc858ba26&groupid=502&dateline=1239819707 im going to fork that
 264 20:16 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?s=1374244ac28f989ba5559bbdc858ba26&groupid=502&dateline=1239819707 im going to fork that
 265 20:16 < ianto> Pretty sweet for a logo
 266 20:16 < ianto> But not for a banner
 267 20:16 < ianto> Because the text in the middle is complicated to read
 268 20:16 < arthurL> I have done a banner too :P
 269 20:16 < The_Toxic_Mite> :P
 270 20:16 < kn100> what resolution do you want for the banner? im bored
 271 20:17 < ianto> arthurL: P.S. we have forums now if you're not up to date
 272 20:17 < arthurL> http://craiglomax.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/ubuntu-cym-logo-designs/
 273 20:17 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://craiglomax.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/ubuntu-cym-logo-designs/
 274 20:17 < arthurL> ianto: Oh yeah, noticed the forums
 275 20:18 < ianto> Right logos in new thread when I get around to it (or someone else create the thread)
 276 20:18 < ianto> Any other website input?
 277 20:18 < kn100> we could archive IRC on it like ubuntu-uk do
 278 20:18 < brobostigon> and stats
 279 20:18 < ianto> kn100: I've requested and I am awaiting -eu to do that
 280 20:19 < ianto> Been waiting two or so months now :(
 281 20:19 < kn100> ahh i see#
 282 20:19 < kn100> s/#/
 283 20:19 < ianto> brobostigon: When the site is finished I'll add that too :)
 284 20:19 < brobostigon> ianto: :)
 285 20:19 < The_Toxic_Mite> BRB got to go in the bath
 286 20:19  * The_Toxic_Mite is away: I'm busy
 287 20:20 < ianto> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1168870 For after the meeting
 288 20:20 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1168870 For after the meeting
 289 20:20 < ianto> Anything else to add on the website front before we can move on? :)
 290 20:20 < arthurL> I have nothing to add.
 291 20:20 < brobostigon> same here, nothing
 292 20:21 < TonyP> same here
 293 20:21 < ianto> That's enouggh for a pass then I guess
 294 20:21 < brobostigon> ok
 295 20:21 < ianto> [topic] Membership
 296 20:21 < MootBot> New Topic:  Membership
 297 20:21 < ianto> Right here is an idea that some locos use including the Catalan one (Catalann folk are like the Welsh of Spain)
 298 20:22 < ianto> What we can do is offer rewards to those who are active in the -cym community
 299 20:22 < ianto> Posting in the forums, helping users, helping people switch or just help in the mailing lists
 300 20:22 < brobostigon> thats a good idea
 301 20:22 < ianto> What the rewards (so far) will be is an @ubuntu-cym.org address and their blog to be aggregated to our planet
 302 20:23 < arthurL> I can see it now; "You have been attributed 10 leeks"
 303 20:23 < kn100> HAHAHAHA
 304 20:23 < arthurL> Let's use leeks as a currency
 305 20:23 < ianto> arthurL: Good idea ;)
 306 20:23 < ianto> Like the coffee beans
 307 20:23 < kn100> Thats an awesome idea
 308 20:23 < arthurL> =]
 309 20:23 < brobostigon> hehe, :)
 310 20:24 < TonyP> can i convert my launchpad karma toleeks
 311 20:24 < ianto> Of course anyone will be able to be a member and it'll be a lot less informal than official Ubuntu membership
 312 20:24 < ianto> s/less/more
 313 20:24 < ianto> Never use less and informal at the same time when you mean informal to start with!
 314 20:25 < brobostigon> i agree, it a good idea, i like it,
 315 20:25 < arthurL> +1
 316 20:25 < ianto> Enough info to vote on it or you wanna add more input
 317 20:25 < ianto> Or question it?
 318 20:25 < kn100> vote i thinks
 319 20:25 < arthurL> Looks good enough for a vote to me
 320 20:25 < TonyP> ok
 321 20:26 < ianto> [vote] Have our own form of membership?
 322 20:26 < MootBot> Please vote on:  Have our own form of membership?.
 323 20:26 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 324 20:26 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-cym
 325 20:26 < ianto> +1
 326 20:26 < MootBot> +1 received from ianto. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 327 20:26 < brobostigon> +1
 328 20:26 < MootBot> +1 received from brobostigon. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 329 20:26 < kn100> +1
 330 20:26 < MootBot> +1 received from kn100. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 331 20:26 < TonyP> +1
 332 20:26 < MootBot> +1 received from TonyP. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 333 20:26 < arthurL> +1
 334 20:26 < MootBot> +1 received from arthurL. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 335 20:26 < ianto> We only have 5 since the scotsman went for his bath
 336 20:26 < ianto> [endvote]
 337 20:26 < MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 5
 338 20:26 < brobostigon> :)
 339 20:27 < ianto> I'll leave SFD for the forums or discuss it here first?
 340 20:27 < ianto> Software Freedom day
 341 20:27 < kn100> for the forums
 342 20:27 < brobostigon> ianto: what does it involve?
 343 20:28 < ianto> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay
 344 20:28 < brobostigon> ok, i will have a look later, when we are done.
 345 20:28 < ianto> brobostigon: It can be anything
 346 20:29 < brobostigon> well i have a new chat engine for my website, ipv6 taylorworld.mooo.com/minichat , which a friend designed for me.
 347 20:29 < ianto> I'll add that to our forums later then rather than spending many hours planning atm :p
 348 20:29 < ianto> Or does anyone want to discuss it now?
 349 20:29 < brobostigon> so i can host a freedom chat, untill we find a permenent server
 350 20:30 < arthurL> I think it's more suited to the forums
 351 20:30 < brobostigon> ok,
 352 20:30 < ianto> Or even better a mailing list eh?
 353 20:30 < ianto> [topic] List & Site
 354 20:30 < MootBot> New Topic:  List & Site
 355 20:30 < brobostigon> mailing list, :)
 356 20:30 < arthurL> Either or
 357 20:30 < ianto> Might as well add this taht jcastro & another friend will be setting it all up at UDS
 358 20:30 < brobostigon> do we have a mailing list?
 359 20:30 < ianto> In a week or two we will have confirmation of it
 360 20:31 < TonyP> I like mailing lists myself
 361 20:31 < brobostigon> ok, :)
 362 20:31 < ianto> It deserved its own litttle topic even if it was just IT IS FINALLY BEINGDONE post ;)
 363 20:31 < brobostigon> agreed ianto
 364 20:31 < ianto> [Topic] Merchandise
 365 20:31 < MootBot> New Topic:  Merchandise
 366 20:32 < ianto> Right -cym lp members will know that I've been giving out freebies lately
 367 20:32 < ianto> Such as case stickers, paper stickers and discs
 368 20:32 < ianto> Given out near 100 discs and 40 or so stickers
 369 20:32 < ianto> case stickers ^
 370 20:32 < brobostigon> wow, :)
 371 20:33 < arthurL> Golly, didn't think you'd give that much out
 372 20:33 < ianto> But I've been emailing trademarks@canonical.com and they have permitted us to have -cym exclusive merchandise too
 373 20:33 < TonyP> great
 374 20:33 < ianto> I've been speaking to a local t-shirt manufacturer right here in this village and we can get t-shirts for £6
 375 20:33 < ianto> And special mp3 hoodies too ;)
 376 20:33 < brobostigon> ianto: thats good news, i rememer you telling me about that afew weeks ago,
 377 20:33 < ianto> Unsure of the hoody cost atm
 378 20:33 < arthurL> Wych!
 379 20:34 < brobostigon> ubuntu-cym collar pins?
 380 20:34 < ianto> In reality the cost of the T-shirt is £5 but as long as you guys agree, we can keep a log of purchases (exlcuding names and addresses) and use that extra £1 to -cym related stuff
 381 20:34 < ianto> and keeping a log of purchases too
 382 20:34 < ianto> i.e. VPS bills
 383 20:35 < brobostigon> ianto: like a donation?
 384 20:35 < ianto> Or renting a place for vfenues
 385 20:35 < arthurL> Me likes
 386 20:35 < ianto> brobostigon: Donation where you recieve a product too :)
 387 20:35 < arthurL> It's more like a tax
 388 20:35 < brobostigon> ianto: yep, :)
 389 20:35 < ianto> Yeah UAT
 390 20:35 < ianto> Ubuntu Added Tax
 391 20:35 < arthurL> Lawld
 392 20:35 < brobostigon> ucat, ubuntu-cym added tax
 393 20:36 < ianto> Of course some people may see this as a bad move
 394 20:36 < ianto> So I'd like to see what you guys think ;-)
 395 20:36 < brobostigon> ianto: agreed, some might,
 396 20:36 < brobostigon> i think it is a good idea,
 397 20:36 < arthurL> ++;
 398 20:37  * brobostigon bangs his head on the table, at seeing what his mum just put on the tv, :(
 399 20:37 < ianto> Of course we can't all do this with one man, too much chance of corruption ;). We will need a treasurer too
 400 20:37 < ianto> Or secretary
 401 20:37 < brobostigon> thats definatly a good idea.
 402 20:38 < arthurL> Agreed.
 403 20:38 < brobostigon> and freely published
 404 20:38 < arthurL> It *must* be someone who we can trust
 405 20:38 < arthurL> and it *must* be transparent
 406 20:38 < ianto> It *can't* be me ;)
 407 20:38 < kn100> i will be the treasurer :p
 408 20:38 < brobostigon> that makes sense ianto
 409 20:38 < kn100> ;)
 410 20:38 < ianto> kn100: Heh slow down you've only been here two days ;)
 411 20:39 < arthurL> We could do a vote for the treasurer like we did for the POC
 412 20:39 < kn100> i dont want to be the treasurer mate, i was being sarcastic
 413 20:39 < TonyP> good idea
 414 20:39 < ianto> Yeah that's a possibility but it has to be someone _reliable_
 415 20:39 < arthurL> And good with money
 416 20:40 < brobostigon> i will not put myself down for that job.
 417 20:40 < ianto> That rules out half of the team then ;)
 418 20:40 -!- Irssi: #ubuntu-cym: Total of 17 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 17 normal]
 419 20:41 < ianto> Is there anyone who'd like to volunteer however?
 420 20:41 < arthurL> Yo.
 421 20:41 < kn100> ianto i think you are best for the job
 422 20:41 < ianto> kn100: Can't ;)
 423 20:42 < kn100> cant?
 424 20:42 < kn100> or wont
 425 20:42 < kn100> :)
 426 20:42 < ianto> Admittedly I know the person doing the job personally but I am already PoC so I can't be treasurer too
 427 20:42 < arthurL> Division of labour and all that
 428 20:43 < ianto> So arthurL has volunteered as a possible person? :)
 429 20:43 < arthurL> Yeah.
 430 20:43 < brobostigon> i will not volunteer
 431 20:44 < ianto> First though we need ot confirm that we think it's a good idea before getting a person to do it ;)
 432 20:44 < brobostigon> its a good idea.
 433 20:44 < ianto> [vote] Have -cym branded merchandise with a treasurer to handle monies?
 434 20:44 < arthurL> We have to prove that it's necessary
 435 20:44 < MootBot> Please vote on:  Have -cym branded merchandise with a treasurer to handle monies?.
 436 20:44 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 437 20:44 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-cym
 438 20:44 < ianto> +1
 439 20:44 < MootBot> +1 received from ianto. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 440 20:44 < arthurL> +1
 441 20:44 < MootBot> +1 received from arthurL. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 442 20:44 < brobostigon> +1
 443 20:44 < MootBot> +1 received from brobostigon. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 444 20:44 < TonyP> +1
 445 20:44 < MootBot> +1 received from TonyP. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 446 20:44 < kn100> +1
 447 20:44 < MootBot> +1 received from kn100. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 448 20:45 < ianto> [endvote]
 449 20:45 < MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 5
 450 20:45 < ianto> Coolio that is decided upon
 451 20:45 < ianto> I'll write something up and do a lp vote later
 452 20:45 < brobostigon> ok,
 453 20:45 < arthurL> Wych
 454 20:45 < ianto> [action] Explain to the rest of the team and setup a vote
 455 20:45 < MootBot> ACTION received:  Explain to the rest of the team and setup a vote
 456 20:45 < ianto> [topic] Misc.
 457 20:45 < MootBot> New Topic:  Misc.
 458 20:46 < ianto> In other news we have team reports in a new format
 459 20:46 < ianto> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam/TeamReports
 460 20:46 < ianto> Report In progress = current month being compile, complete = last full month and past ones are the past
 461 20:47 < kn100> i wonder if heddlu de cymru will change to ubuntu
 462 20:47 < ianto> kn100: They haven't replied in 2months
 463 20:47 < ianto> Gawd people hate me ;)
 464 20:47 < ianto> First off they rejected the mail as a virus since I emailed with a PGP signature
 465 20:47 < ianto> One of the good points of my mail ^
 466 20:47 < arthurL> Hurr, they kind of deserve their computer systems to get raped.
 467 20:47 < kn100> oh man... they rejected a pgp signature
 468 20:48 < ianto> arthurL: +1
 469 20:48 < kn100> hey, heres my entry to the ubucym logo
 470 20:48 < kn100> http://i41.tinypic.com/eqe64p.jpg
 471 20:48 < MootBot> LINK received:  http://i41.tinypic.com/eqe64p.jpg
 472 20:48 < arthurL> Sweeet
 473 20:48 < kn100> based it off the original one
 474 20:48 < kn100> added a little informality
 475 20:48 < arthurL> I like the type used for "Cymru".
 476 20:49 < kn100> thanks :)
 477 20:49 < kn100> its Purisa with a little modification
 478 20:49 < arthurL> I have also toyed with the idea of a dragon in the middle of the logo too but I couldn't get it to work. You've pulled it off well.
 479 20:49 < kn100> thanks :)
 480 20:50 < arthurL> Try a daffodil :P
 481 20:50 < kn100> or a LEEK!
 482 20:50 < kn100> theres an idea
 483 20:50 < arthurL> Try both
 484 20:50 < arthurL> I think I'll give it a go too.
 485 20:50 < ianto> Well we have a thread for that ;)
 486 20:51 < ianto> Anything else people have issues with or like to add input to for the team?
 487 20:51 < arthurL> Not me
 488 20:51 < TonyP> me neither
 489 20:51 < brobostigon> nope
 490 20:52 < ianto> Alright then folks, thanks all for attending
 491 20:52 < ianto> Oh another thing
 492 20:52 < ianto> We will have an IRC time set in the forums
 493 20:52 < ianto> for meetings
 494 20:53 < brobostigon> please ellaborate, i am not sure what you mean ianto
 495 20:53 < ianto> We will have a thraed to decide upon a good time for IRC meetings
 496 20:53  * The_Toxic_Mite is back (gone 00:33:51)
 497 20:53 -!- gneel [n=neil@gneel42.plus.com] has joined #ubuntu-cym
 498 20:53 < brobostigon> ianto: ok, good idea,
 499 20:53 < ianto> gneel: Hoi ;)
 500 20:54 < kn100> gneel you missed the fun
 501 20:54 < kn100> and arthurL i just tried both, came out rubbish
 502 20:54 < gneel> Ah yes. I turned up last week thinking that's when the meeting was...
 503 20:54 < kn100> :)
 504 20:55 < ianto> Case 'n point regarding a thread on the topic ^
 505 20:55 < arthurL> kn100; looks like I'll win that competition then ;)
 506 20:55 < kn100> :)
 507 20:55 < gneel> I realised last week that I was 7 days early. Then forgot about tonight...
 508 20:56 < ianto> gneel: Ah don't worry we're about to close unless someone wants to add anything else?
 509 20:56 < ianto> gneel: Logs available shortly
 510 20:56 < brobostigon> ianto: yes mention, meeting times in topic,
 511 20:56 < brobostigon> always,
 512 20:56 < ianto> Alright this is finally the end of the meeting :)
 513 20:57 < ianto> #endmeeting
 514 20:57 < MootBot> Meeting finished at 14:57. 


CategoryScribesTeam CategoryTemplate

WelshTeam/Meetings/24052009 (last edited 2009-05-24 20:11:42 by chris)