kernel v4.1 has landed
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was copied from VividVervet/Alpha2/Lubuntu||## page was copied from WilyWerewolf/Alpha1/Lubuntu
## page was copied from VividVervet/Alpha1/Lubuntu
|Line 20:||Line 21:|
|## not good for alphas
## == Upgrading from Previous Versions ==
## To upgrade to Lubuntu 15.04 from previous releases, follow the [[ http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/vivid/man8/do-release-upgrade.8.html|Upgrade Instructions]].
|##== Upgrading from Previous Versions ==
##To upgrade to Lubuntu 15.10 from previous releases, follow the [[ http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/wily/man8/do-release-upgrade.8.html|Upgrade Instructions]].
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
|=== Linux Kernel ===
The Alpha 2 Wily Unicorn snapshot includes the [[https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/3.19.0-22.22|3.19.0-22.22 Ubuntu Linux kernel]] which is based on the the upstream [[https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/linux-3.19.tar.gz|v3.19 Linux kernel]]. Please note, however, that [[http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/Linux-Kernel-4-0-to-Land-in-Ubuntu-15-10-Wily-Werewolf-in-the-Next-Few-Weeks-483141.shtml|version 4.0 will be released with 15.10]].
|==== Linux Kernel ====
The Alpha 2 Wily Unicorn snapshot includes the v4.1 kernel.
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
| * Notification dialogs have striped background: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-artwork/+bug/1362555|1362555]]
* File-roller help is missing: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/1409185|1409185]]
* Abiword opens multiple windows when spacebar is pressed, until a new file is opened: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/abiword/+bug/1395323|1395323]]
|<<Include(WilyWerewolf/Alpha2/CommonInfrastructure, , from="^##StartWilyReleaseBugs", to="##EndWilyReleaseBugs")>>|
|Line 48:||Line 46:|
|* There appear to be several problems related to Intel Macs: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+bug/226894|226894]], [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1245159|1245159]], [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxde-common/+bug/1382939|1382939]], [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1403633|1403633]]||== Graphics and Display ==|
|Line 50:||Line 48:|
|<<Include(VividVervet/Alpha2/CommonInfrastructure, , from="^##StartVividReleaseBugs", to="##EndVividReleaseBugs")>>|| * audacious, ubiquity and other gtk3 apps have gray bars hiding some widgets ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-artwork/+bug/1464349|1464349]] Fix Committed)
* lightdm has black greeter background for Lubuntu ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1466191|1466191]])
|Line 52:||Line 51:|
|== Lubuntu Desktop Installer ==||== LXDE ==|
|Line 54:||Line 53:|
|* No option to install alongside a btrfs partition: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1403624|1403624]]|| * lxpanel volume applet settings opens empty terminal window ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/1434774|1434774]] Workaround Exists)
* lxpanel-indicator-applet-plugin doesn't use any theme and looks ugly, but still fully functional (bug [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/1468854|1468854]])
* run dialog called from one desktop opens on the desktop with preferences dialog, regardless of which desktop is current ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/1445818|1445818]])
* lxappearance does not launch in kvm vm with vmvga graphics ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxappearance/+bug/1464899|1464899]])
* lxappearance segmentation fault ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxappearance/+bug/1468529|1468529]])
* LSC can only 'see' installed applications ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-software-center/+bug/1467517|1467517]])
|Line 56:||Line 60:|
|* Install alongside offers to install to USB boot media instead of hard drive: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1403620|1403620]]||== Applications ==|
|Line 58:||Line 62:|
|== Lubuntu Alternate Installer ==|| * Software properties gtk implies my cpu is unknown and not working. ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-drivers-common/+bug/1444682|1444682]])
* ibus ui links to dead http://code.google.com/p/ibus when homepage is https://github.com/ibus/ibus/releases ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/1454894|1454894]])
* gnome-disk-utilty does not allow swapoff of zram devices ([[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-disk-utility/+bug/1458383|1458383]])
|Line 60:||Line 66:|
|* Guided partitioning "max" gives minimum instead: [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1163908|1163908]]||
##== Lubuntu Desktop Installer ==
##== Lubuntu Alternate Installer ==
Table of Contents
We’re preparing Lubuntu 15.10, Wily Werewolf, for distribution in October 2015. With this early Alpha pre-release, you can see what we are trying out in preparation for our next version. We have some interesting things happening, so read on for highlights and information.
NOTE: This is an alpha pre-release. Lubuntu Pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Lubuntu Pre-releases ARE recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Lubuntu developers
Getting Lubuntu 15.10 Alpha 2
Download a Disk Image
Instructions for burning the image to a DVD or USB flash drive can be found on the Burning ISO Howto.
Alpha 2 Highlights
- LXQt is still in development, so Wily Werewolf is another bug fix release.
The Alpha 2 Wily Unicorn snapshot includes the v4.1 kernel.
Graphics and Display
audacious, ubiquity and other gtk3 apps have gray bars hiding some widgets (1464349 Fix Committed)
lightdm has black greeter background for Lubuntu (1466191)
lxpanel volume applet settings opens empty terminal window (1434774 Workaround Exists)
lxpanel-indicator-applet-plugin doesn't use any theme and looks ugly, but still fully functional (bug 1468854)
run dialog called from one desktop opens on the desktop with preferences dialog, regardless of which desktop is current (1445818)
lxappearance does not launch in kvm vm with vmvga graphics (1464899)
lxappearance segmentation fault (1468529)
LSC can only 'see' installed applications (1467517)
Software properties gtk implies my cpu is unknown and not working. (1444682)
gnome-disk-utilty does not allow swapoff of zram devices (1458383)
Development of Lubuntu 15.10, the Wily Werewolf is ongoing and bugs are fixed every day. Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date. For verifying installation related bugs, updated disk images are available from Daily bootable images for standard PCs/laptops/netbooks.
Please feel free to contact us with feedback.