|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
|The Beta 2 Wily Werewolf snapshot includes the v4.1 kernel which 15.10 will ship with.||The Beta 2 Wily Werewolf snapshot includes the v4.2 kernel which 15.10 will ship with.|
Table of Contents
We’re preparing Lubuntu 15.10, Wily Werewolf, for distribution in October 2015. With this second beta you can see what the next version will contain. We have some interesting things happening, so read on for highlights and information.
NOTE: This is a beta pre-release. Lubuntu Pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Lubuntu Pre-releases ARE recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Lubuntu developers
Getting Lubuntu 15.10 Beta 2
Download a Disk Image
Instructions for burning the image to a DVD or USB flash drive can be found on the Burning ISO How to.
We recommend you learn how to check your image file so your pre-release is as it’s supposed to be. Compare your MD5 checksum with the correct ones found alongside the images.
Beta 2 Highlights
- LXQt is still in development, so Wily Werewolf is another bug fix release using LXDE.
- lubuntu-extra-sessions In the past, selecting different sessions (netbook, gaming etc.) was installed by default. This is now an optional extra that can be installed by those who want this added functionality.
The Beta 2 Wily Werewolf snapshot includes the v4.2 kernel which 15.10 will ship with.
Graphics and Display
lightdm has black greeter background for Lubuntu (1466191)
lxpanel volume applet settings opens empty terminal window (1434774 Workaround Exists)
lxpanel-indicator-applet-plugin doesn't use any theme and looks ugly, but still fully functional (bug 1468854)
run dialog called from one desktop opens on the desktop with preferences dialog, regardless of which desktop is current (1445818)
lxappearance does not launch in kvm vm with vmvga graphics (1499037)
lxappearance segmentation fault (1468529)
lubuntu-software-center only lists installed applications from alternate install (1467517 Workaround Exists)
Intermittent bug with additional applets appearing (1488660 Workaround Exists)
Software properties gtk implies my cpu is unknown and not working. (1444682)
gnome-disk-utilty does not allow swapoff of zram devices (1458383)
Lubuntu Desktop Installer
Images are over sized for CD, please use the Alternate Installer else a DVD / USB as a workaround.
Development of Lubuntu 15.10, the Wily Werewolf is ongoing and bugs are fixed every day. Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date. For verifying installation related bugs, updated disk images are available from Daily bootable images for standard PCs/laptops/netbooks.
Please feel free to contact us with feedback.