Merge contents of X/Debugging
← Revision 141 as of 2016-01-10 21:04:44
RM'ed overlapping content, making documentation cleaner via page mutual exclusiveness.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|=== Basic Troubleshooting Resources ===
* [[http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326|Absolute Beginner Talk Forum]]
* [[X/Reporting|X Reporting]] - How to create good X bug reports
* [[X/Config]] - How to configure Xorg /* the page being linked to needs to have each of its links checked for currency, accuracy, validity, and if a page passes those, then for readability and phrasing */
* [[http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=332|Hardware & Laptops Support Forum]]
* [[https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto|Binary Driver Howto]]
* [[https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics|Hybrid Graphics Howto]]
|= Introduction =|
|Line 13:||Line 7:|
|=== Advanced Topics ===
* [[X/Triaging|X Triaging]] - How to ensure new X bug reports have enough info to troubleshoot
* [[X/Troubleshooting|X Troubleshooting]] - How to analyze X bugs to make them solvable
* [[X/Backtracing|X Backtracing]] - How to collect a backtrace for an X crash
* [[X/Bisecting]] - Using bisection techniques to solve regressions or backport fixes
* [[X/Testing/Touch]] - Touchscreen and multi-touch testing
* [[X/Bugs]] - Analysis of collection of similar bugs
* [[X/Bugs/Transitions]] - Explanation for "installing xserver-xorg-core would break existing software"
* [[X/i8xxUnsupported - Explanation of why i845, i855, i865, etc. chips aren't supported
* [[X/NonGraphicalBoot]] - Running X manually, without gdm
* [[X/KernelModeSetting]] - Configuring and using KMS (in Karmic)
* [[X/Rootless]] - Running X as a user process, not as the root user
* [[X/InputCoordinateTransformation]] - How to set the mapping of an input device to a display through X
* [[X/HybridGraphics]] - How to make the most of your system with hybrid graphics
* [[X/Quirks|X Quirks]] - Fixes for some common hardware-specific issues
* [[X/FixingCrashes|X Crash Fixing]] - How to fix X crashes
* [[X/InterpretingIntelGpuDump]] - Ringbuffers, batchbuffers, and the meaning of `intel_gpu_dump` output
* [[X/Debugging/WirelessWithoutX|Wireless Without X]] - How to get a wireless network connection without X.
* [[X/Debugging/WiredWithoutRouter|Direct Wired Without WAP]] - How to connect two laptops with direct ethernet cord.
* [[http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Feisty_Installation_Guide|fglrx installation on Ubuntu]]
* [[https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers|XorgOnTheEdge]] - for bleeding edge packages
|This is the documentation homepage of the Ubuntu X Team.|
|Line 41:||Line 9:|
|=== Development Foundations ===
* [[X/SwatTeam]] - Joining the Ubuntu X.org team /* note that this is the main Ubuntu-X team page...also, it needs to be looked over for possible updates */
* [[X/Development|Ubuntu X Development Info]]
* [[X/Architecture]] - High level architectural overview of X.org
* [[X/DriverDevelopment]] - Developing new Xorg drivers for Ubuntu
* [[X/DriverBuilding]] - Building debs of upstream drivers
* [[X/Glossary|X Glossary]] - Explanations for confusing terms often seen in logs and error messages
* [[X/Blueprints]] - Specifications of interest for X
* [[X/GitUsage]] - Instructions for using git
|= Documentation =
* For troubleshooting, reporting, debugging, and triaging X related issues, please see [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting|here]].
* For information on X configuration files, please see [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config|here]].
* For getting started with X development in Ubuntu, please see [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Dev|here]].
* For more on the Ubuntu X Team, please see [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/SwatTeam|here]].
This is the documentation homepage of the Ubuntu X Team.
For troubleshooting, reporting, debugging, and triaging X related issues, please see here.
For information on X configuration files, please see here.
For getting started with X development in Ubuntu, please see here.
For more on the Ubuntu X Team, please see here.