2011-03-24 Meeting Minutes
- ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black background - Done
this is the blue one: http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/website1104b.png
- Ageed to keep the blue background for the website
- knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
Packaging & Development
- Included the new default wallpaper (still missing the full-sized second one though)
- Fixed another bug in garcon, related to monitoring (Xfce #7423).
- Included a patch from upstream git to fix a workspace size issue in xfce4-display-settings.
- Restored the default blue for the alternative installer, instead of the aubergine that actually looks pink in all terms I tested (only gnome-terminal is fine).
- Imported gmb 1.1.7 + shimmer patches.
- micahg has uploaded xfce4-mixer 4.8.0 (but I didn't have time to check)
Bug Triage & Testing
- We have the beta1 release next week. Any testing is really appreciated.
Website & Marketing
- Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
- Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
I want to thank every artist for their work and I apologize for the license issues not being verified before the end of the contest period.
The wallpapers are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty.
- licensed cc-by-sa, unfortunately, it contains images licensed cc-by-nc-sa
- Default wallpaper for Xubuntu Natty Narwhal
- copyrighted by the author, "all rights reserved"
- A vote was held to decide which of the remaining would be available on the CD, results were a tie (4/4). Project Lead determined that the image by leogg would be the winner.
- Beta1 release of Natty is due next Thursday
- Natty Narwhal, to be released as Xubuntu 11.04, is due out on April 29
Any Other Business
- Next meeting is in one week, April 7, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
Action items for the 2011-3-24 meeting
- Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by community vote
- charlie-tca to check on 11.04 docs
- charlie-tca needs to review Testing wiki pages
Please see the previous log
The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure
- The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance approach.
The Xubuntu Council
- The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
- PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a tie-breaker.
- The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
- The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only if PL is absent.
- The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
- The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus, every season lasts for 2 years.
2011-03-24 Meeting Log
- People Present: