2012-07-11

Meeting information

Meeting summary

Items carried on

  • Open action items from previous meeting (knome, 15:04:56)
  • started review of target audience for marketing (pleia2, 15:05:55)
  • LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing (pleia2, 15:06:13)

  • changing the scope of that "Define the Xubuntu target audience" to be target /marketing/ audience, our actual target audience is defined in our strategy document (pleia2, 15:07:32)
  • Enable or disable compositor by default? (knome, 15:08:13)

Team updates

  • Development (knome, 15:20:52)
  • QA (knome, 15:22:12)
    • ACTION: astraljava to announce the QA meeting on sunday, 16utc to mailing list and other 'forums' (knome, 15:24:02)

  • Marketing, Promotion, Art (knome, 15:24:23)
    • I contacted the owner of the most-maintained Facebook page about Xubuntu, and he agreed to let us make it the official one (pleia2, 15:25:41)
    • LINK: https://www.facebook.com/xubuntuusers (pleia2, 15:25:45)

    • ACTION: pleia2 to add Facebook page to website (pleia2, 15:27:50)

    • ACTION: pleia2 to draft "thank you" blog post to social media admins (pleia2, 15:28:02)

    • I ordered a black t-shirt from zazzle.com with the design from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing/Products#T-shirts (lack the ubuntu font though) (pleia2, 15:32:41)

    • I'll report back on how it goes, they were having a sale so I figured I'd give it a try Smile :) (pleia2, 15:32:58)

    • Albatross has been fully ported to Gtk3, it also has a metacity theme now and supports Unity (ochosi, 15:35:20)
    • ACTION: Shimmer-Team to write a blog-post about the Albatross progress (ochosi, 15:35:36)

    • Albatross xfwm-refresh is very much WIP... (knome, 15:35:40)
    • ochosi is trying with the help of a new contributor to port Greybird to pure CSS (no more unico engine in Gtk3 hopefully) (ochosi, 15:36:12)
    • Some small bugs have been squashed in Bluebird and Greybird in Gtk3 for Quantal already, but we need more testing (ochosi, 15:37:00)
    • We also need more testing for missing icons (ochosi, 15:37:12)

New and emerging items

Action items, by person

  • astraljava
    • astraljava to announce the QA meeting on sunday, 16utc to mailing list and other 'forums'
  • knome
    • knome to announce the next meeting, which will be held on 18th of July at #xubuntu-devel
  • pleia2
    • pleia2 to add Facebook page to website
    • pleia2 to draft "thank you" blog post to social media admins
  • xubuntu-team
    • xubuntu-team to investigate adding a screenlocker
    • xubuntu-team to investigate default settings for monitor power management

People present (lines said)

  • knome (119)
  • pleia2 (50)
  • ochosi (41)
  • meetingology (11)
  • bluesabre (3)
  • xubuntu-team (0)
  • astraljava (0)

Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2012-07-11 (last edited 2012-07-12 01:26:21 by lyz)