To be carried out by: The Xubuntu Release Manager, with support from the Xubuntu Development Team and advice from the Ubuntu release team
- Ensure that all ISOs are suitable for release.
This process should apply to alphas, betas, ReleaseCandidates, final releases, and milestones.
- Ship it!
T minus 14 days
Forward notifications of milestone freeze to firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Insure freeze times are posted in #xubuntu-devel and email@example.com mailing list.
- Freeze Day - notify developers of freeze and change topic in #xubuntu-devel.
T minus 7 days
- Request Xubuntu developers availability for milestone testing.
Review testing pages to insure they are up to date.
- Remind project lead to begin preparing release notes.
Remind the website team to begin preparations updating http://xubuntu.org.
T minus 5 days
- Testing should smoketest the images to insure they install.
T minus 3 days
- Testing begins on the images available.
- Coordinate all testing with Ubuntu QA in #ubuntu-testing.
Start the news article for the release; this is to be published on the website at the time of the release.
T minus 1 day
- Add release notes to the wiki.
Alpha notes are combined with Ubuntu release notes at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseName/TechnicalOverview .
Beta and rc notes can be combined as alpha or, if significant changes were made should be separate under https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/ReleaseName/Milestone (example: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final).
- Review the Technical Overview/Release Notes to insure everything is accurate.
- Monitor for release announcement and PASS IT ON when announced.
- Publish news on the Xubuntu website.
- For the final release, insure the website download page is updated for the new release.
Review bugs to insure all bugs found during testing are listed at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/ReleaseName .
Update the Team Report.
Add milestone review to meeting agenda.
- Reviewing as soon as possible helps to learn what we could have done better.
- This is also a great time to congratulate the team for a job well done.
T plus 7 days
- Review this page and update it as needed for the next milestone/release period.
- Reviewing as soon as possible helps keep this as up to date as possible.