Xubuntu team report for July, 2011
Set up a tentative daily testing schedule.
Packaging, Development, & Testing
- Many bugs have been fixed.
- Released Oneiric Ocelot Alpha2.
- LightDM replaced GDM as the login manager.
Website & Marketing
- Approval has been received for the website to be converted to Wordpress.
Website team is currently working on a test site of Wordpress for http://xubuntu.org .
- Re-wrote several pages for the Xubuntu website.
- Marketing Lead will produce of news releases, blog articles, advertising Xubuntu, tracking reviews of Xubuntu.
- Greybird gtk-theme improvements
- Working on a new plymouth theme.
- Artwork Lead will work with the current artists for Xubuntu, producing themes, plymouth theme, website graphics, and other art as needed.
- We are striving to get more users to blog about Xubuntu. We would like to get word out of the changes being made, as well as new releases.
The Xubuntu Community holds a regular meetings alternating on Mondays at 19:00 UTC and Sundays at 22:00 UTC in #xubuntu-devel. Please see the schedule and agenda at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings.
- An ammendment to the Xubuntu Strategy Document has been proposed and published to the mailing lists. A two-week comment period has resulted in no comments.