Ubuntu-ZA Monthly Meeting for 19 December 2011

Convened at 2011-12-19 18:40:35.684423 by tumbleweed in #ubuntu-za on freenode


[18:40:35] STARTED (tumbleweed)
[18:44:56] TOPIC: review previous minutes (tumbleweed)
[18:47:19] TOPIC: agenda (tumbleweed)
[18:51:02] TOPIC: CT ubuntu hour (tumbleweed)
[18:54:37] AGREED: superfly to organise a CT Ubuntu Hour in mid-feb (tumbleweed)
[18:55:13] TOPIC: a dev event of some sort (tumbleweed)
[18:57:37] AGREED: tumbleweed to possibly organise a little dev event (tumbleweed)
[18:57:58] TOPIC: Any Other Business (tumbleweed)
[19:01:32] ENDED (tumbleweed)


  • Sinjin Swanepoel (Squirm)
  • Stefano Rivera (tumbleweed)
  • garaman
  • Miles Sharpe (Kilos)
  • Raoul Snyman (superfly)
  • rossouwap
  • bmg505

Raw Log

[18:40:35] <tumbleweed> Maaz: start meeting about Ubuntu-ZA Monthly Meeting
[18:40:35] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:40:45] <superfly> thanks tumbleweed
[18:40:55] <tumbleweed> do we have an agenda?
[18:41:07] <Kilos> Maaz, i am Miles Sharpe
[18:41:07] <Maaz> Kilos: Righto
[18:41:24] <tumbleweed> Maaz: I am Stefano Rivera
[18:41:24] <Maaz> tumbleweed: Sure
[18:41:31] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:41:31] <Maaz> superfly: Righto
[18:41:50] <superfly> tumbleweed: uh, not really, I don't think... I'm quickly looking up the last minutes
[18:42:00] <Kilos> bmg wb log in to meet please
[18:42:18] <Kilos> Squirm, log in
[18:42:32] <Kilos> zeref, ping
[18:43:12] <superfly> tumbleweed, Kilos: do you remember when our last meeting was?
[18:43:28] <Kilos> 2 months back superfly
[18:43:49] <tumbleweed> http://maaz.mene.za.net/logs/meetings/
[18:44:01] <tumbleweed> http://maaz.mene.za.net/logs/meetings/freenode-%23ubuntu-za/
[18:44:43] <tumbleweed> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings seems to be a little sparse
[18:44:56] <tumbleweed> Maaz: topic review previous minutes
[18:44:56] <Maaz> Current Topic: review previous minutes
[18:45:08] <tumbleweed> http://maaz.mene.za.net/logs/meetings/freenode-%23ubuntu-za/2011-10-24-17-37-27.html
[18:45:26] <Kilos> yip we missed last month because kbmonkey didnt have internet connection
[18:45:41] <tumbleweed> kbmonkey seems to have won all the action items
[18:45:47] <Kilos> and he apologised again today
[18:45:49] <tumbleweed> so I assume we don't have much review to do without him
[18:46:27] <superfly> well, he and I were supposed to organise an Ubuntu hour, but that never really materialised, partially my fault, I forgot :-(
[18:46:28] <Kilos> methinks we just need to have showed we are here and havent given up
[18:46:58] <tumbleweed> superfly: so it goes
[18:46:59] <superfly> (there was also the just got back from holiday, and then the losing my job bits)
[18:47:10] <Kilos> most of the guys are away on holiday
[18:47:13] <tumbleweed> in that case
[18:47:19] <tumbleweed> Maaz: topic agenda
[18:47:19] <Maaz> Current Topic: agenda
[18:47:23] <tumbleweed> anything we need to discuss?
[18:47:46] <superfly> I'd like to have a slightly more local Ubuntu hour, especially now that I have a netbook
[18:47:58] <tumbleweed> that'd be lovely
[18:48:20] <superfly> but I think we should look at doing that in about Feb, when people are back at work
[18:48:26] * tumbleweed thinks we should do some vaguely dev-oriented event while highvoltage is in town, if we can twist his arm :P
[18:49:10] <superfly> ooo, that would be cool
[18:49:55] <tumbleweed> last call for agenda items
[18:49:57] <superfly> so possible events are a Cape Town Ubuntu hour and a dev event when highvoltage is in town
[18:50:20] <superfly> tumbleweed: I think those two events?
[18:50:28] <superfly> should go on the agenda, I mean
[18:50:35] <Kilos> lo rossouwap
[18:50:54] <tumbleweed> yup
[18:51:02] <tumbleweed> Maaz: topic CT ubuntu hour
[18:51:02] <Maaz> Current Topic: CT ubuntu hour
[18:51:11] <tumbleweed> superfly: if you are taking that on, it'd be great
[18:51:36] <superfly> I'll do my best... I'd like to have at least one other person who can "guarantee" they'll be there though
[18:51:44] <superfly> I hate sitting alone in a coffee shop :-(
[18:52:01] <tumbleweed> heh, I'll do my best to be there
[18:52:06] <tumbleweed> when and where are you thinking?
[18:52:46] <superfly> Maybe the second or third Saturday in Feb? the 11th or the 18th?
[18:53:11] <tumbleweed> sounds good
[18:53:29] <superfly> Not too sure where... maybe somewhere accessible by train? or even on the train? :-P
[18:53:33] <rossouwap> hi Kilos
[18:54:37] <tumbleweed> Maaz: agreed superfly to organise a CT Ubuntu Hour in mid-feb
[18:54:37] <Maaz> Agreed: superfly to organise a CT Ubuntu Hour in mid-feb
[18:54:48] <tumbleweed> done with that?
[18:54:49] * superfly diarises it
[18:54:53] <superfly> yeah
[18:55:13] <tumbleweed> Maaz: topic a dev event of some sort
[18:55:13] <Maaz> Current Topic: a dev event of some sort
[18:55:40] <tumbleweed> we could just have a geeky corner of the ubuntu hour, but speciased events probably aren't a bad idea
[18:55:56] <tumbleweed> whe had quite a successful little global jam a few months back
[18:56:24] <superfly> tumbleweed: do you know when highvoltage will be around?
[18:56:26] <tumbleweed> highvoltage: are you keen for something?
[18:56:36] <tumbleweed> superfly: another 2 months, I think
[18:57:11] <tumbleweed> this must probably be discussed out of this meeting...
[18:57:37] <tumbleweed> Maaz: agreed tumbleweed to possibly organise a little dev event
[18:57:37] <Maaz> Agreed: tumbleweed to possibly organise a little dev event
[18:57:58] <tumbleweed> Maaz: topic Any Other Business?
[18:57:58] <Maaz> Current Topic: Any Other Business
[18:59:27] <Squirm> bit late
[18:59:31] <Squirm> but log in where?
[18:59:51] <superfly> Squirm: identify yourself
[18:59:51] <Kilos> just say maaz i am and your name
[19:00:08] <superfly> tumbleweed: No, everyone is on holiday
[19:00:24] <Squirm> oh
[19:00:30] <Squirm> -Notice- {from NickServ} You are already logged in as Squirm.
[19:00:31] <Kilos> rossouwap, you wanna sign in here at the meet?
[19:00:44] <Kilos> no man Squirm
[19:00:13] <tumbleweed> yay
[19:00:57] <Kilos> just go maaz i am and your name
[19:01:11] <Squirm> oh
[19:01:11] <rossouwap> no thanks Kilos, just got here without realising what the time was :S
[19:01:13] <Squirm> :P
[19:01:20] <Squirm> Maaz: I am Sinjin Swanepoel
[19:01:20] <Maaz> Squirm: Sure
[19:01:30] <tumbleweed> then we can end :)
[19:01:32] <tumbleweed> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20111219 (last edited 2011-12-19 19:39:37 by raoul-snyman)