Meeting Info

Meetings are held every 4th Tuesday of each month at 20:30 SAST (UTC+2) and are pretty informal. Anyone is free to join in and give comments and suggestions, its even encouraged. Please introduce yourself to the bot at the start of the meeting so he can take note of all members present as follows:





[18:37:41] STARTED (chesedo).
[18:37:50] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (chesedo)
[18:43:49] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (andrewlsd)
[18:48:21] AGREED: All happy with previous minutes (andrewlsd)
[18:48:35] TOPIC: Plans for 2016 (andrewlsd)
[18:54:57] TOPIC: Events (andrewlsd)
[19:08:51] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (andrewlsd)
[19:19:36] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (andrewlsd)
[19:24:25] TOPIC: Next meeting (andrewlsd)
[19:25:42] AGREED: Next meeting is 24 January 2017 @ 20:30 SAST (andrewlsd)
[19:26:37] AGREED: Move next meeting before chairman on agenda (chesedo)
[19:27:59] ENDED (andrewlsd)


* paddatrapper
* kulelu88 (kulelu88)
* Pieter Engelbrecht (chesedo)
* Wesley Werner (kbmonkey)
* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* Andrew Mac (andrewlsd)
* theblazehen
* Charl le Roux (clr)
* Vincent Swart (Vince-0)
* nsnzero (nsnzero)
* AudaciousTUX
* <firstname lastname> (nlsthzn)
* mciverza

Raw Log

[18:37:41] <chesedo> Maaz: start meeting about Ubuntu Monthly Meeting - November 2016
[18:37:41] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:37:50] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:37:50] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:38:14] <chesedo> Evening all and thank you for joining in on our monthly meeting!
[18:38:26] <chesedo> Our bot maaz does the minutes as usual so please introduce yourself to it using `Maaz: I am <firstname lastname>` eg. 
[18:38:36] <chesedo> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht
[18:38:36] <Maaz> chesedo: Done
[18:38:42] <nlsthzn> Maaz: I am <firstname lastname>
[18:38:42] <Maaz> nlsthzn: Yessir
[18:38:52] <nlsthzn> >.>
[18:38:57] <kbmonkey> nlsthzn, :p
[18:39:01] <andrewlsd> Maaz: I am Andrew Mac
[18:39:01] <Maaz> andrewlsd: Okay
[18:39:02] <chesedo> nlsthzn: lol
[18:39:14] <nsnzero> Maaz: I am nsnzero
[18:39:14] <Maaz> nsnzero: Done
[18:39:29] <chesedo> The agenda for today is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20161122
[18:39:31] <kbmonkey> Maaz, I am Wesley Werner
[18:39:31] <Maaz> kbmonkey: Done
[18:39:35] <kulelu88> Maaz: I am kulelu88 
[18:39:35] <Maaz> kulelu88: Righto
[18:39:50] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:39:50] <Maaz> superfly: Yessir
[18:39:52] <chesedo> any last minute additions are welcome
[18:40:05] * nlsthzn gets some more coffee as it is late over here
[18:40:27] <chesedo> else we can continue if i can get a thumbs up...
[18:40:49] <clr> Maaz: I am Charl le Roux
[18:40:49] <Maaz> clr: Okay
[18:41:00] <chesedo> andrewlsd: you can take over if you are ready?
[18:41:08] <andrewlsd> cool
[18:41:40] <andrewlsd> If everyone is comfy, and has their coffee we can proceed to review the minutes of the previous meeting.
[18:41:47] * chesedo is ok with the agenda btw
[18:42:01] <andrewlsd> Maaz: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:42:01] <Maaz> andrewlsd: Sorry...
[18:42:13] <andrewlsd> Maaz:  Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:42:13] <Maaz> andrewlsd: *blink*
[18:42:27] <kulelu88> Maaz: FML
[18:42:27] <Maaz> kulelu88: Today, I had to make a deal with my 22 year old fiancé. What was the deal? If he put deodorant on, he could squeeze my boob for as long as he liked. FML
- http://www.fmylife.com/intimacy/16939716
[18:42:40] <kulelu88> 0.o
[18:42:58] <mciverza> Maaz: Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:42:58] <Maaz> mciverza: *blink*
[18:43:10] <mciverza> :-( sorry chesedo, you'll have to do it.
[18:43:32] <mciverza> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:43:32] <Maaz> mciverza: You're not the boss of me
[18:43:36] <nlsthzn> well that escalated quickly
[18:43:49] <andrewlsd> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:43:49] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:44:28] <andrewlsd> last meeting was https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20161025
[18:44:38] <chesedo> oh boy, sorry about that... lost connection...
[18:44:55] <chesedo> did Maaz get my topic change?
[18:45:00] <andrewlsd> chesedo: np, I found out what I needed. 
[18:45:06] <andrewlsd> mz got mine.
[18:45:38] <chesedo> andrewlsd: great!
[18:45:39] <andrewlsd> Any feedback or comments on the minutes of the previous meeting
[18:46:13] <chesedo> andrewlsd: nope, all seems good to me
[18:46:44] <andrewlsd> thanks chesedo
[18:46:48] <andrewlsd> anyone else?
[18:46:55] <kbmonkey> nothing to add from me
[18:47:35] * nlsthzn regrets never learning to read
[18:48:15] <chesedo> nlsthzn: don't worry at least you can type :P
[18:48:21] <andrewlsd> Maaz: agreed All happy with previous minutes
[18:48:21] <Maaz> Agreed: All happy with previous minutes
[18:48:35] <andrewlsd> Maaz: topic Plans for 2016
[18:48:35] <Maaz> Current Topic: Plans for 2016
[18:48:50] <andrewlsd> I think we need plans for 2017. Not much left of 2016
[18:49:08] <chesedo> andrewlsd: yeah...
[18:49:23] <andrewlsd> any updates on membership applications for tareq, magespawn and Kapanda?
[18:49:25] <chesedo> al thought i do not know if we will just rename it?
[18:49:54] <andrewlsd> hopefully magespawn (not here) has filledhis wiki page
[18:50:08] <andrewlsd> s/filledhis/filled\ his/
[18:50:08] <chesedo> andrewlsd: i checked if magespawn's wiki was up before the meeting, but still in works...
[18:50:17] <andrewlsd> thanks chesedo
[18:50:45] <chesedo> only kilos is in contact with tareq (i think)...
[18:50:59] <chesedo> and have not heard from Kapanda in a while...
[18:51:18] <andrewlsd> Any new folks around recently? Any one need help with the GPG keys or signing the Code of Conduct?
[18:51:38] <kulelu88> which GPG keys?
[18:52:06] <Vince-0> Maaz: I am Vincent Swart
[18:52:06] <Maaz> Vince-0: Okay
[18:52:08] <andrewlsd> IIRC GPG keys are needed to be able to sign the C-o-C 
[18:52:15] <andrewlsd> Welcome Vince-0
[18:52:21] <chesedo> good question... i think night is new...
[18:52:24] <kulelu88> oh, okay
[18:52:45] <andrewlsd> kulelu88: have you signed it? (if not, would you like to?)
[18:53:10] <kulelu88> I need my own GPG keys right?
[18:53:17] <andrewlsd> yip
[18:53:19] <chesedo> and i am too bad at remembering name to be 100% if zaki and ludo are new
[18:53:47] <kulelu88> aah well when I get to setting up my own email, I will get there, but for now, I'll pass
[18:54:14] <andrewlsd> np kulelu88, feel free to give a shout if/when that happens.
[18:54:34] <andrewlsd> Can we proceed to discuss upcoming events?
[18:54:52] <chesedo> andrewlsd: ok with me
[18:54:57] <andrewlsd> Maaz: topic Events
[18:54:57] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:55:09] <andrewlsd> Are there any upcoming Ubuntu or open source related events that anyone would like to mention?
[18:55:48] <kulelu88> all 2017 now
[18:55:51] <kulelu88> devconf 
[18:55:56] * chesedo is not aware of any
[18:56:02] <kulelu88> rubyfuza
[18:56:19] <chesedo> kulelu88: which dates are those
[18:56:23] <chesedo> *?
[18:56:36] <andrewlsd> Cape Linux Users Group (CLUG) is having a talk tomorrow ...
[18:56:55] <kulelu88> devconf: 9 March, 2017, Johannesburg
[18:57:14] <kulelu88> rubyfuza: 2-4 February 2017 Cape Town, South Africa
[18:57:21] <chesedo> wow awesome, can you give more details andrewlsd ?
[18:57:46] <andrewlsd> chesedo:  :-)... willl do as soon as my email opens.....
[18:57:58] <andrewlsd> woops, it was tonight.
[18:58:13] <chesedo> lol...
[18:58:46] <andrewlsd> For what it is worth: The information: Speaker: Marc Welz; Topic: Archive Formats and Tricks ; Time: 18:30 ; Venue: UCT Chemical Engineering
[18:59:15] <chesedo> kulelu88: we will have to remember those
[18:59:25] <kulelu88> can't you tell Maaz to do so?
[18:59:34] <andrewlsd> if anyone here would like to get advance notice of their meetups, please sign up to their mailing list via https://wiki.clug.org.za/
[19:00:01] <chesedo> kulelu88: that is a feature that i often wish it had
[19:00:11] <andrewlsd> Thanks kulelu88
[19:00:34] <andrewlsd> the RubyFuZA website is http://www.rubyfuza.org/ and contains details about the conference.
[19:01:28] <chesedo> who here are ruby devs btw?
[19:01:48] <kulelu88> devug is having the geek of the year on 13 December 2016
[19:01:50] <andrewlsd> i::amNot
[19:02:32] <chesedo> kulelu88: link maybe?
[19:02:42] <andrewlsd> chesedo: you beat me to it.
[19:02:55] <chesedo> :D
[19:03:13] * andrewlsd thinks kulelu88 is busy googling like mad or searching mails.
[19:03:34] <kulelu88> no, I try to keep track of dev events. get to meet all the local folks. 
[19:03:41] <nsnzero> which group is devug ?
[19:04:03] <chesedo> kulelu88: should that maybe have been debug?
[19:04:14] <kulelu88> DevUG: https://www.meetup.com/DeveloperUG/events/233441994/
[19:04:49] <kulelu88> I see you on zatech andrewlsd ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ :D
[19:04:55] <andrewlsd> kulelu88: yes.
[19:05:05] <kulelu88> ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[19:05:37] <andrewlsd> Did anyone here attend DevOps Days
[19:06:20] <kulelu88> in cape town? no
[19:06:22] * chesedo does not live in cpt
[19:06:51] <andrewlsd> chesedo: occasionally people travel to cpt
[19:06:56] <andrewlsd> :-P
[19:07:03] <chesedo> that too...
[19:07:32] <andrewlsd> If no other events, we can move to "miscellaneous" in 3 .. 
[19:07:34] <andrewlsd> ... 2
[19:07:41] <chesedo> yip
[19:07:48] <andrewlsd> ... 1
[19:07:54] <chesedo> and add that devug to the next agenda
[19:08:22] <andrewlsd> devug. developer user group <-- How to use developers?
[19:08:51] <andrewlsd> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[19:08:51] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[19:08:54] <kulelu88> the devug is nice. it's better than seeing 62 different meetups for each javascript library
[19:09:08] <andrewlsd> LOL
[19:09:35] <andrewlsd> ... because:
[19:09:44] <andrewlsd> https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f#.emys21i2g
[19:09:58] * chesedo was actually planning on announcing his js library soon :P
[19:10:46] <andrewlsd> I am releasing CinderJS. It's a lot like ember, but after it has burn out and cooled down completely.
[19:11:05] <theblazehen> andrewlsd: vanilla-js.com/
[19:11:07] * andrewlsd will re-release it as AshesJS
[19:11:28] <andrewlsd> Hashtag #GetYourOwnJS
[19:11:53] <andrewlsd> wonderfully miscellaneous all of this.
[19:12:07] * chesedo found this last week http://youmightnotneedjquery.com/
[19:12:28] <kulelu88> As an important part of ubuntu-za, is anyone aware of Kilos health, recovery and financial status in OZ?
[19:13:08] <andrewlsd> ty kulelu88. also keen to hear of that.
[19:13:53] <chesedo> theblazehen: that is some serious benchmarks!
[19:14:43] <andrewlsd> ?
[19:14:50] <andrewlsd> hello theblazehen
[19:14:53] <chesedo> kulelu88: last i know is that about $5000 is still outstanding
[19:14:54] <nlsthzn>  $4,865 of $14k goal 
[19:15:03] <chesedo> or more ^^
[19:15:07] <nlsthzn> from the website
[19:15:20] <nlsthzn> and he is in the last few weeks before returning
[19:15:25] <nlsthzn> last I heard
[19:15:27] <theblazehen> hi andrewlsd 
[19:15:54] <andrewlsd> thanks nlsthzn
[19:16:09] <kulelu88> that's very unfortunate :(
[19:16:16] <kbmonkey> his fund got a quick start but needs more backers
[19:16:18] <chesedo> thanks nlsthzn 
[19:16:26] <nlsthzn> np
[19:16:39] <nlsthzn> last donation 26 days ago
[19:16:40] <andrewlsd> is there anything we can do to re-invigorate the gofundme campaign again.
[19:17:01] * nlsthzn will wait for payday and add some more
[19:17:04] <kbmonkey> make another donation 
[19:17:08] <kbmonkey> :)
[19:17:39] <andrewlsd> kbmonkey: tru dat.
[19:17:59] <andrewlsd> any other miscellaneous items?
[19:18:17] <kbmonkey> whoops
[19:19:07] <andrewlsd> Ok, ... ready for the next topic?
[19:19:08] <chesedo> those on twitter can also share/retweet this https://twitter.com/sharpeys/status/798316504815017984
[19:19:17] <chesedo> andrewlsd: yes
[19:19:29] <andrewlsd> excellent chesedo (for the retweet link)
[19:19:36] <andrewlsd>  Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting 
[19:19:36] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:19:47] <chesedo> the fb guys may know of some of his fb posts too
[19:20:17] <andrewlsd> I think that our next meeting is likely to be 23 January 2017
[19:20:42] <chesedo> andrewlsd: in last meeting paddatrapper mentioned that will be able to takes jan if i am correct...
[19:21:01] <chesedo> andrewlsd: 24th
[19:21:13] <andrewlsd> yip. paddatrapper did say that
[19:21:14] <kulelu88> it's best if someone here can commit instead
[19:21:30] <kulelu88> maybe padda is not around 
[19:21:37] <andrewlsd> chesedo: correct, thanks. Next meeting is Tuesday 24 January 2017
[19:21:50] <paddatrapper> Whoops sorry 
[19:21:55] <paddatrapper> Yeah can do Jab
[19:21:59] <paddatrapper> Jan 
[19:22:02] <andrewlsd> Thanks paddatrapper
[19:22:30] <chesedo> he is just writting test this week, so studying hard... but we can choose someone (or backup) and then move it if he is still ok?
[19:22:41] <chesedo> *tests*
[19:22:41] <andrewlsd> I'm happy with that.
[19:22:57] <andrewlsd> chesedo: will you be on standby? or would kulelu88 like to do so?
[19:22:57] <chesedo> andrewlsd: me too
[19:23:24] <chesedo> kulelu88: would you like to chair sometime?
[19:23:45] <kulelu88> I'll confirm myself as second backup if padda or first backup fails to attend
[19:23:55] <andrewlsd> cool.
[19:23:59] <chesedo> kulelu88: righty
[19:23:59] <andrewlsd> ok, then...
[19:24:01] <kulelu88> (☞゚∀゚)☞
[19:24:10] <andrewlsd> Agreed: paddatrapper to chair next meeting
[19:24:12] <chesedo> andrewlsd: yes, i should be able to standby
[19:24:25] <andrewlsd> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[19:24:25] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[19:24:37] <andrewlsd> Is it agreed that the next meeting will be 24 January 2017
[19:24:50] <andrewlsd> (I always think we should do date before deciding chair)
[19:24:53] <chesedo> yes
[19:25:15] <chesedo> andrewlsd: sound like a good thought
[19:25:42] <andrewlsd> Maaz: agreed Next meeting is 24 January 2017 @ 20:30 SAST
[19:25:42] <Maaz> Agreed: Next meeting is 24 January 2017 @ 20:30 SAST
[19:25:54] <chesedo> we should agree Maaz on that if all is happy with the swap.
[19:26:11] <andrewlsd> chesedo: go for it..
[19:26:33] <chesedo> Maaz: agree Move next meeting before chairman on agenda
[19:26:33] <Maaz> chesedo: Excuse me?
[19:26:37] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Move next meeting before chairman on agenda
[19:26:37] <Maaz> Agreed: Move next meeting before chairman on agenda
[19:26:46] <chesedo> andrewlsd: done
[19:26:51] <andrewlsd> superb
[19:27:04] <andrewlsd> Thanks everyone for being here. The minutes will be posted shortly once the meeting is closed.
[19:27:08] <chesedo> and thanks for the awesome chairing today
[19:27:33] <andrewlsd> thanks chesedo for kicking things off and backing me up.
[19:27:43] <chesedo> andrewlsd: yw
[19:27:47] <andrewlsd> Good night all.
[19:27:48] <kbmonkey> Thanks andrewlsd, chesedo :)
[19:27:59] <andrewlsd> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20161122 (last edited 2017-01-24 10:54:18 by chesedo)