Meeting Info

Meetings are held every 4th Tuesday of each month at 20:30 SAST (UTC+2) and are pretty informal. Anyone is free to join in and give comments and suggestions, its even encouraged. Please introduce yourself to the bot at the start of the meeting so he can take note of all members present as follows:





[18:30:05] STARTED (chesedo)
[18:30:13] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (chesedo)
[18:33:11] AGREED: All happy with agenda (chesedo)
[18:33:18] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (chesedo)
[18:34:42] AGREED: All happy with previous minutes (chesedo)
[18:34:50] TOPIC: Next Steps (chesedo)
[18:35:53] AGREED: No new Next Steps (chesedo)
[18:36:00] TOPIC: Events (chesedo)
[18:39:06] AGREED: No other events to add (chesedo)
[18:39:12] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (chesedo)
[18:53:04] AGREED: Mini meetings are dead for now (chesedo)
[18:53:12] TOPIC: Next meeting (chesedo)
[18:53:33] AGREED: Next meeting is 26 September 2017 @ 20:30 (chesedo)
[18:53:43] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (chesedo)
[18:56:11] AGREED: chesedo to chair next meeting (chesedo)
[18:56:19] ENDED (chesedo)


* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* Paul Romano (londoner)
* Pavel Sayekat (pavlushka)
* Pieter Engelbrecht (chesedo)
* Miles Sharpe (Kilos)
* Kyle Robbertze (paddatrapper)
* Gustav H Meyer (inetpro)

Raw Log

[18:30:05] <chesedo> Maaz: start meeting about Ubuntu Monthly Meeting - August 2017
[18:30:05] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:30:13] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:13] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:26] <chesedo> Welcome all and thank you for joining in on our 'renewed' monthly meeting
[18:30:34] <chesedo> As usual, our bot maaz does the minutes, so please introduce yourself to it using `Maaz: I am <firstname lastname>` eg.
[18:30:41] <chesedo> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht
[18:30:41] <Maaz> chesedo: Alrighty
[18:31:10] <Kilos> Maaz I am Miles Sharpe
[18:31:10] <Maaz> Kilos: Sure
[18:31:32] <chesedo> inetpro Kilos superfly MaNI SugarHigh theblazehen paddatrapper  londoner ^
[18:31:44] <paddatrapper> chesedo: thanks
[18:31:49] <paddatrapper> Maaz: I am Kyle Robbertze
[18:31:49] <Maaz> paddatrapper: Sure
[18:31:56] <chesedo> paddatrapper: np
[18:31:58] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:31:58] <Maaz> superfly: Righto
[18:31:59] <londoner> Maaz: I am Paul Romano
[18:31:59] <Maaz> londoner: Alrighty
[18:32:07] <Kilos> hi londoner and everyone else
[18:32:09] <chesedo> psychicist: you might wanna join too
[18:32:18] <chesedo> Today's agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20170822
[18:32:23] <Kilos> nag them all chesedo 
[18:32:29] <chesedo> Any last minute additions are welcome
[18:32:55] <chesedo> Kilos: i will have to find my nagger first... :P
[18:33:11] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed All happy with agenda
[18:33:11] <Maaz> Agreed: All happy with agenda
[18:33:18] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting 
[18:33:18] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:33:24] <chesedo> previous meeting minutes is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20170523
[18:33:28] <superfly> sjoe been ages since the last meeting
[18:33:44] <chesedo> I will try to be as quick today too :D
[18:33:57] <paddatrapper> superfly: yeah we kinda forgot the last couple...
[18:34:05] <chesedo> superfly: yip, we've been missing
[18:34:17] <chesedo> "forgot"
[18:34:42] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed All happy with previous minutes
[18:34:42] <Maaz> Agreed: All happy with previous minutes
[18:34:50] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Next Steps
[18:34:50] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next Steps
[18:34:50] <Kilos> i been sleeping too
[18:34:56] <chesedo> Anyone needing help on any next steps activities?
[18:35:02] * inetpro o/
[18:35:02] <inetpro> Maaz I am Gustav H Meyer
[18:35:02] <Maaz> inetpro: Sure
[18:35:09] <inetpro> hello everybody
[18:35:09] <Kilos> lo pro
[18:35:26] <chesedo> aka: trello, launchpad IDs, mailing list, etc
[18:35:53] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed No new Next Steps
[18:35:53] <Maaz> Agreed: No new Next Steps
[18:36:00] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Events 
[18:36:00] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:36:04] <superfly> I need to kinda "hand over" the mantle of the website to someone, or someoneS preferably
[18:36:11] <chesedo> upcoming events for the next month are:
[18:36:11] <chesedo> - Deep Learning Indaba: 11-15 September 2017 (Johannesburg) -> http://www.deeplearningindaba.com/
[18:36:42] <paddatrapper> that does look interesting... Pitty it's in Joberg
[18:36:43] <chesedo> superfly: right, will cover under Misc...
[18:36:50] <superfly> chesedo: ack
[18:37:01] <chesedo> Is anyone organising anything else or knows of any other upcoming events?
[18:37:42] <paddatrapper> pyconZA is first week of October, still a while
[18:38:15] <chesedo> paddatrapper: the same one as here -> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/UpcomingEvents
[18:38:23] <chesedo> *?
[18:38:43] <paddatrapper> chesedo: that's the one
[18:38:50] * chesedo have been forgotting to update that too
[18:38:58] <chesedo> paddatrapper: awesome
[18:39:06] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed No other events to add
[18:39:06] <Maaz> Agreed: No other events to add
[18:39:12] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[18:39:12] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[18:39:16] <chesedo> superfly: syn
[18:40:15] <chesedo> i have not taken another look at the ubuntu edu project since exams
[18:40:45] <superfly> Right, so I'm on the other side of the world now, and it makes it difficult to co-ordinate with people, so I'm looking for volunteers to take over the website.
[18:40:49] <chesedo> nor know of any Ubuntu-for-Hope updates
[18:41:11] <chesedo> superfly: were is it currently at?
[18:41:19] <chesedo> hardware wise?
[18:41:36] <inetpro> I don't think there's a need to rush into moving the site
[18:42:13] <inetpro> unless someone is willing to host and maintain it for us for free
[18:42:34] <Kilos> take over as in maintain or move superfly 
[18:42:46] <chesedo> at least it is static - so light weight...
[18:43:52] <superfly> Kilos: maintain it
[18:44:02] <Kilos> there you go inetpro 
[18:44:07] <Kilos> ty superfly
[18:44:20] <chesedo> superfly: that would be just the bazaar branch right?
[18:44:39] <superfly> chesedo: it's currently hosted on a box at FrogFoot because it's the same box that hosts the CLUG website. tumbleweed organised it all.
[18:45:45] <chesedo> superfly: what does maintain currently involve?
[18:45:55] <superfly> chesedo: essentially yes. but sorting out hosting would probably also be good (I don't mind hosting it on a VPS of mine), and getting some sort of "control" over the domain name itself (Canonical I think owns the domain name and controls the DNS, so we'd need to talk to them if we move the hosting)
[18:45:58] <chesedo> copying over changes to the box?
[18:46:13] <superfly> chesedo: checking merge proposals on LP, deploying to the box
[18:46:28] <superfly> making sure information on the site is up to date, etc
[18:46:42] <chesedo> paddatrapper and inetpro: you game?
[18:46:50] <paddatrapper> can that deploy not be automated using a webhook to something?
[18:46:54] * chesedo can be one of the volunteers too
[18:46:55] <paddatrapper> chesedo: Not currently, sorry
[18:47:32] <chesedo> paddatrapper: np
[18:47:43] <inetpro> chesedo: between you and me I'm sure we can handle it
[18:47:59] <chesedo> superfly: pro and i are it :D
[18:48:11] <Kilos> cool 
[18:48:40] <Kilos> ty superfly for looking after us for so long
[18:48:53] <chesedo> yip, ty superfly
[18:49:24] <superfly> I'm happy to still be around, I just don't have the time to spend on the site (and I'm in the wrong timezone)
[18:50:27] <chesedo> then last misc, the mini meetings have also gone stale... did you guys find it helpful/interesting?
[18:51:05] <chesedo> superfly: we don't keep doom in the chan so that you can stay around :P
[18:51:25] <Kilos> superdoom isnt strong enough
[18:51:37] <Kilos> hes a tough bug
[18:51:39] <chesedo> lol, that too
[18:52:05] <pavlushka> Maaz: I am Pavel Sayekat
[18:52:05] <Maaz> pavlushka: Alrighty
[18:52:14] <Kilos> hi pavlushka 
[18:52:19] <pavlushka> o/ 
[18:52:21] <superfly> chesedo: I'm sorry, you're not getting rid of me! :-P
[18:52:32] <pavlushka> ;)
[18:52:36] <Kilos> dont you dare think of leaving superfly 
[18:52:42] <Kilos> ever ever ever
[18:52:48] <superfly> Kilos: I won't ever
[18:53:04] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Mini meetings are dead for now
[18:53:04] <Maaz> Agreed: Mini meetings are dead for now
[18:53:12] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[18:53:12] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[18:53:33] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Next meeting is 26 September 2017 @ 20:30
[18:53:33] <Maaz> Agreed: Next meeting is 26 September 2017 @ 20:30
[18:53:43] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting 
[18:53:43] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[18:53:56] <chesedo> any oldies game for next chair?
[18:54:03] * chesedo is available too
[18:54:04] <Kilos> i would like to thank the young guys for stepping up and doing so much for us
[18:54:07] * inetpro will skip 
[18:54:13] <Kilos> and inetpro for always being there
[18:54:38] <chesedo> inetpro: i will just have to arrange for Oct... exams again...
[18:54:50] * inetpro still has too much to catch up with at work
[18:55:20] <paddatrapper> I _should_ be free
[18:55:24] <chesedo> inetpro: np, wil see to find someone in next one then
[18:55:37] <chesedo> ty paddatrapper, will remember
[18:55:39] <inetpro> paddatrapper: \o/
[18:55:48] <chesedo> all good if i take Sept then
[18:55:57] <Kilos> yip
[18:56:05] <paddatrapper> cool
[18:56:11] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed chesedo to chair next meeting
[18:56:11] <Maaz> Agreed: chesedo to chair next meeting
[18:56:19] <chesedo> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20170822 (last edited 2017-08-22 19:02:25 by chesedo)