|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|3. Planning our group activities.
4. Working on Bahasa Malaysia translation.
I am the leader of MalaysianTeam and I've been using linux since 4 years ago. I started MalaysianTeam and registered #ubuntu-my last year with the aim to get more people in my country to use linux. Though everything was a bit slow at first, we have been getting a lot of good responds lately due to our effort in distributing CDs in conferences, fairs etc. At the moment we have about 20 active members helping us to distibute the Cds.
Among the things I have done:
1. Distribute Ubuntu Cds at conferences/fairs/events.
2. Recommending Ubuntu linux to my college lecturers and students.
3. Helping small business owners to setup Ubuntu on their machines/servers.
4. Helping local colleges/universities getting Ubuntu Cds.
5. Answering questions sent to me via email about Ubuntu. ...
Some of the things that I am doing now:
1. Building our local team website.
2. Recruiting new members.
3. Planning our group activities.
4. Working on Bahasa Malaysia translation. ...
Outside Ubuntu, I am a freelance web marketer. I also do a lot of research in computer security, especially linux security. One of my contribution in this area is writing a whitepaper 2 years ago about bypassing a security mechanism on a linus distro that was claimed "nearly impposible to defeat" by a security expert:
1. To see MalaysianTeam becomes an official Loco team.
2. To come out with our own official local distro based on Ubuntu.
3. To make MalaysianTeam one of the best loco team.