My name is Daniel LeBlanc. I've been a Linux user since 2002, and I've promoted Ubuntu to family, friends and Comp. Sc. students for many years. I like to dabble in many different things, like application development and web design, but also literature, politics, etc. I am an RPG enthusiast, I love cooking, and my wife Emilie and I just purchased our first house, where we live happily with our cat Oberon.
Web Developer at Sandoz Canada (Boucherville, Canada) since 2005
- Freelance Data Archiving and Technical Documentation Specialist from 2002 to 2005
- Completed a Computer Science Certificate at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) in 2008
- Started a degree in Social Science in September 2009, at UQAM
UQAM Comp. Sc. Student Association (AGEEI-UQAM)
- Honorary Member and Communications Vice-President, 2009-2010
- President, 2008-2009
- Executive Vice-President, 2008-2009
I've been a Ubuntu user for many years, and the official "guru" for all my "converted" friends, colleagues and family members. I feel that I haven't done enough for the community, which is why I now wish to actively contribute in any way possible, either as a developer, a documentation specialist, a translator or a designer. I'm eager to learn and to help!