Differences between revisions 15 and 38 (spanning 23 versions)
← Revision 38 as of 2010-06-30 15:00:22
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
#title Dor Dankner
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||
My name is Dor, I'm involved in the Ubuntu-IL LoCo, and even a manager in the LoCo forums. I have started my way in Open Source at 2006 and using Ubuntu since June, 2008.
Most of what I do is translating and localizing programs. I program HTML and CSS, and also had a little work with Python and Bash, but no serious program, just little projects with friends. most of these projects are also for helping Hebrew users on theirs beginning.
== Contact information ==
|| '''Name''' || Dor Dankner||
|| '''Email''' || firstname.lastname@example.org ||
|| '''IRC''' || Ddorda ||
|| '''Launchpad''' || https://launchpad.net/~ddorda ||
|| '''Blog''' || http://ddorda.useopensource.net (Hebrew)||
== Activities ==
* Active Ubuntu and Open Source user in Israel.
* Translating and promoting the Hebrew needs of Ubuntu. I am an official member of the [[https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-he|Ubuntu Hebrew Translators]]
* Administrating in [[http://www.ubuntu-il.com/|Ubuntu-IL forums]].
* Working on the new Ubuntu-IL site.
* Developing [[https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-drupal-themes|Ubuntu-drupal-themes project]] with [[https://launchpad.net/~mtecknology|MTecknology]].
* Promoting the Hebrew needs, translating and publishing [[http://themanaworld.org|The Mana World Project]].
* I have just started making a new Ubuntu sub distribution for the religion Jewish users
== Future Goals ==
* Increase activity in Israel with regards to Ubuntu and within Ubuntu-IL, I intend to be part of more free events.
* Finish the new Ubuntu-IL LoCo site.
* Make Ubuntu more popular in my country.
* Make Hebrew to be one of the most translated languages in Ubuntu.
* Increase the use of Ubuntu in the religion Jewish community.
== Testimonials for Membership Application ==
* [[MTecknology]] - Ddorda has been very active in the Ubuntu-Drupal project. He has helped find bugs with the theme and has contributed an RTL file for RTL languages. He has become a member of the ~ubuntu-drupal-themes development team for his contributions.
* [[Shezif]], Dolev Ravid (The head of the Israeli LoCo) - Dor is one of the most important users in the Israeli community, This guy build our new site. Out of this, Dor have a lot of tech talents and with this knowledge Dor helps a lot to the Israeli Ubuntu users. I'm happy to know that someone like Dor involved in the Israeli LoCo team. Good luck Dor!
* [[EyalLevin]] - Dor is one of the most active users in the Israeli LoCo. Besides translating Ubuntu into Hebrew, helping out in the forums and promoting the Israeli LoCo in general, he is a great person who shares his joyful spirit everywhere he goes. Dor is definitely an asset to the Ubuntu community.
* [[lajjr|LeoJackson]] - Dor has been very helpful he can be a person to turn to in time of need. He keeps his focus on the job at hand and completes in a timely manner. A great asset to the Ubuntu Community.