|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|= Who I am =http://ubuntu-dev.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu-sponsorships.cgi?render=html&sponsor=&sponsor_search=name&sponsoree=Dan+Streetman&sponsoree_search=name||= Who I am =|
I, Dan Streetman, apply for SRU Developer.
Who I am
I started with UNIX is 1993, using Solaris, and then moved to Linux in 1997 using Slackware, Red Hat, and now Ubuntu. I began Linux kernel development in 2001, in the USB subsystem, and have contributed since then in various kernel subsystems including memory management, networking, and crypto.
My Ubuntu story
I joined Canonical in 2015 as part of the Support and Technical Services Engineering team, and have been working on problems that reach into many different parts of Ubuntu; the kernel, networking, multipath, udev, and more. I enjoy digging deep into technical details and solving problems.
Examples of my work / Things I'm proud of
My sponsored uploads:
Bug fix contributions:
todo - include only kernel bugs, other uploads enumerated at above link
- attached block devices not showing up
- using ipsec, many connections result in no buffer space error
- Soft lockup with "block nbdX: Attempted send on closed socket" spam
- kswapd0 100% CPU usage
- lots of printk to serial console can hang system for long time
- systemtap does not work on trusty lts-vivid kernel
- systemtap does not work on wily kernel, hrtimer_get_res
- bonded interfaces in bridge do not have LRO turned off
- systemtap does not work on xenial, struct module changes
- multipath does not set fiberchannel params correctly
- dhclient incorrectly assumes a /64 ipv6 prefix
- nvme drive probe failure
- move nvme driver to linux-image
- NVMe drives in Amazon AWS instance fail to initialize
- export nvme drive model/serial strings via sysfs
- NVMe driver regression for non-smp/1-cpu systems
- Xen MSI setup code incorrectly re-uses cached pirq
- VLAN SR-IOV regression for IXGBE driver
- add pull-ca-source to ubuntu-dev-tools
- Amazon I3 Instance Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1
Areas of work
Most of my work is done in the kernel, both upstream and in Ubuntu's branches.
Things I could do better
Time management is difficult for everyone, as we never have enough time to complete everything we want to do. I hope to manage my time better, balancing work and family while also continuing to contribute upstream.
Plans for the future
Continue contributing to the kernel and Ubuntu packages.
What I like least in Ubuntu
Documentation is sometimes hard to come by, or out of date.
If you'd like to comment, but are not the applicant or a sponsor, do it here. Don't forget to sign with @SIG@.
As a sponsor, just copy the template below, fill it out and add it to this section.
== <SPONSORS NAME> == === General feedback === ## Please fill us in on your shared experience. (How many packages did you sponsor? How would you judge the quality? How would you describe the improvements? Do you trust the applicant?) === Specific Experiences of working together === ''Please add good examples of your work together, but also cases that could have handled better.'' ## Full list of sponsored packages can be generated here: ## http://ubuntu-dev.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu-sponsorships.cgi? === Areas of Improvement ===