Keep in mind that many software in Ubuntu is maintained by people in their spare time, brought to you for free.
If writing more doesn't make a tangible difference, write less.
If you have any doubt, you can ask any time.
You shouldn't file a bug here if you are:
Reporting windowed applications
In the Terminal application enter:
Reporting non windowed applications
2. In the Terminal application enter the following, substituting PACKAGE with your package name:
3. Or if you haven't been able to determine the package, just enter:
Reporting offline systems
If the system internet does't work, do the following:
1. On the target system, in the Terminal application enter the following. Substituting PACKAGE with your package name:
- For a crash:
apport-cli -p PACKAGE --save bug.crash
- For a any other issue:
apport-cli -f -p PACKAGE --save bug.apport
2. Copy the generated file to the system used for filing the report.
3. On that reporting system, in the Terminal application enter the following. Substituting FILE with your file name:
ubuntu-bug -c FILE
Reporting unusable systems
Only if you system doesn't fit any of the above methods go to the following site, substituting PACKAGE with your package name:
Or if you haven't been able to determine the package: