|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|* Spreading ubuntu in Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oviedo/Uviéu. 28-04-2010 ([[http://www.asturies.com/node/10318|article in press]], and [[http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/4563565918_218366544e_b.jpg|photo]])|| * Spreading ubuntu in Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oviedo/Uviéu. 28-04-2010 ([[http://www.asturies.com/node/10318|article in press]], and [[http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/4563565918_218366544e_b.jpg|photo]])
* Training courses in Infiestu. [[http://acurti.es/Yzs|Photo]], [[http://acurti.es/Xao|More Photos]] (2011/02/11; 2011/02/18 and 2011/02/25).
* Spreading Ubuntu in '''[[http://acurti.es/NXp|FNAC]]''' with [[http://ubuntu-ast.org/|Ubuntu-ast]], [[http://softastur.org|Softastur]], [[http://www.asturlinux.org|Asturlinux]] and Mousetrap. [[http://acurti.es/PXp|Press]]. [[http://acurti.es/RXp|Chronicle (english)]]; [[http://acurti.es/tLp|chronicle (spanish)]]. [[http://acurti.es/QXp|Photos]]; [[http://twitpic.com/4rdpz5|more photos]]; [[http://twitpic.com/4rlxzt|and more photos]].
|Line 31:||Line 33:|
|* Improve the quality and quantity of asturian language in Ubuntu.|
Real name: Iñigo Varela (https://launchpad.net/~ivarela)
- Member of Ubuntu Asturian Translator since 2008-04-07.
Member of Softastur, a Free Software Community for Asturian language. http://softastur.org/
Team coordinator on KDE Asturian Team http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ast
Reviewer and Translations Coordinator (Launchpad --> Upstream in GNOME): http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ast
- 1st e-mail: ivarela (at) softastur (dot) org
- 2nd e-mail: malditoastur (at) gmail (dot) com
Translations in Launchpad: (see activity in Top Contributors)
Giving conferences about Free Software and Ubuntu:
- Reach better translation state of Ubuntu in Asturian
- Promote the use of free software in the educational
- Improve the quality and quantity of asturian language in Ubuntu.
I meet Iñigo in person one time at month. He works very hard in the Asturian LoCo Team and the organization for translate free software Softastur. (He's the biggest Ubuntu Asturian Translators contributor). He helps always in all events in Asturies: Ubuntu Install Parties, events, talks in colleges and institutes... I can say which are the main points of Iñigo for me: convey much enthusiasm when talk about Ubuntu and unlimited perseverance in what he believes. I can confirm that the Asturian translations, without Iñigo will be not the same. -- costales.
I got to know Iñigo in person very recently. I was very impressed with his enthusiasm for Free Software and Ubuntu, his dynamism and coordination skills. He might be too humble to admit it, but I'm told by other Asturian LoCo team members that the team would not be the same without his ideas and his drive to achieve any objective he endeavors. He's also one of the most active Ubuntu translators in Launchpad, having been the top translations contributor for two years, and understands and plays a significant role in sending back Ubuntu translations to upstreams. I can only but fully support his application for Ubuntu Membership. -- dpm 2010-04-14 13:07:31