Email: <purpleidea AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
i: - use my dell inspiron 9400 with linux. - wish i had time to learn how to do all the asterisk stuff. - do lots of playing around writing pretty database things.
* Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2Ghz/667MHz FSB)
* 17 inch UltraSharp Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife (1920x1200)
* 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 667MHz
* 100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* 256MB NVIDIA GeForce GO 7800
* 8X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
* 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Battery (not one of the ones that go on fire)
* Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (although I thought it can do "b" too)
* Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal (2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate)
+ all that other stuff that happens to be there, like firewire, the tiny keyboard, a memory card reader i will likely almost never use, the stroke pad, and a bunch of weird "media buttons" on the front.
+ oh actually plus the "MediaDirect" button next to the power button which boots a "special" partition to just play like "media and stuff" w/o loading the whole O/S. (but i deleted the partition so it just acts like a backup power button only with less hardware features)