|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|* Responsible for organizing and running the monthly Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour for 2 years. (Since July 2014)||* Responsible for organizing and running the monthly Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour for 4 years. (Since July 2014)|
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
|* Participated in updating the documentation for the re-validation of the AZLOCO Team (September 2015)||* Participated in updating the documentation for the re-validation of the AZLOCO Team (September 2015 and December 2017)|
I am not a techie, only a simple Linux user that enjoys sharing my limited knowledge of Ubuntu and FOSS with others. All of my computer experience came after I retired from a career in the United States Army. Like many people I was introduced to the computer world via Microsoft Windows. A complete stranger handed me a disk with Ubuntu 6.06 on it and I was intrigued. By the release of Hardy Heron, 8.04, I was a Microsoft free Ubuntu user. I continued to use Ubuntu until I switched to Lubuntu in 2010 (10.10) before Lubuntu was even recognized as an official “flavor”. It became and still is my Operating System of choice. Although retired, I stay active by participating in state-wide and local Linux groups as well as contribute to several forums.
Forum profile: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=767164
LXDE forum profile: http://forum.lxde.org/ucp.php?i=163
Ask Ubuntu profile: http://askubuntu.com/users/258563/rex?tab=profile
* Member/contributor Launchpad since 30 August 2008
* Contributor Ubuntu forums since 10 February 2009.
- My main interest in the Ubuntu forums is of course those threads tagged with Lubuntu which is my Operating System of choice. I respond to those when I have the knowledge or can obtain an answer through research either in the forums or outside sources such as other forums, wiki pages, or help pages from other OS.
- I have made contributions in Desktop Environments, New to Ubuntu, General Help, and Upgrades in both Lubuntu tagged threads and others.
- My participation in the forums may not be as involved as some of the members but I do spend 2 to 5 hours daily reading the threads in anticipation of providing assistance.
- It is important to me that all threads are taken seriously and an honest attempt should be made to provide the original poster with a solution to the question raised or as a minimum a direction that can be taken to obtain that solution. My posts have strived to achieve that goal.
* Contributor/global moderator/administrator LXDE forum since 27 August 2011
* Contributor to Ask Ubuntu March 2014
* Member/administrator Ubuntu Arizona Local Community since 29 March 2014 http://azloco.org/
- Has run AZLOCO Team on line IRC meetings
- Maintains Arizona LUG and Linux Special Interest Group points of contact for AZLOCO
- Has provided assistance to the Ubuntu New Mexico Local Community in attempt to re-energize their Team
Assists in maintaining/editing the AZLOCO web site http://www.azloco.org/ and the AZLOCO Ubuntu wiki pages https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam Responsible individual for submitting monthly reports to the Ubuntu LoCo Council
- Responsible for organizing and running the monthly Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour for 4 years. (Since July 2014)
- Participated in two Global Jams (Ubuntu 15.04 and 15.10)
- Participates in the semi-monthly AZLOCO/PLUG installation-festival.
- Participated in updating the documentation for the re-validation of the AZLOCO Team (September 2015 and December 2017)
Responsible individual for maintaining the Team event/meeting portal. http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-arizona/
* Co-founder/member Cochise Linux User Group (Cochise County, Arizona) since 20 August 2015 http://cochiselinux.com/index.html
- Responsible for planning and conducting semi-monthly meetings
- Responsible for maintaining the Group mailing list
- Responsible for scheduling presentations for the Group.
- Responsible for liaising with the University of Arizona South for classroom space and the Sierra Vista public library for a conference room to conduct our meetings
* Gave presentations on Introduction to Linux (Sierra Vista, AZ 2015 and Kingman, AZ 2016)
* Spends 5-10 hours a day in Ubuntu or LUG related IRC channels
* Continue to make contributions to my forums.
* Present a positive leadership role model in both the Ubuntu Arizona Local Community and the Cochise Linux User Group.
* Actively spread the recognition and use of Ubuntu in my local community and state-wide through the use of information booths and participation in community events.
* Develop a standard Linux presentation to be given to high school/middle school computer clubs in the state in general and Cochise County Arizona in particular to arouse their interest in a Linux Operating System for their personal computers. Our future depends upon youth.
* Continue to follow the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
While Rex has been contributing to the community for many years, I met him about three years ago. Since joining AzLoCO he started with a single Ubuntu hour and grown it to large local linux community in southern AZ and also taken over our team day to day management from web to wikis and reports and seems to be on IRC 24/7 helping and answering questions. He often drives across to promote Ubuntu and attend events picking up attendees along the way. and most recently started plans for Ubucon or simular event next year. He is the best of the best of what anyone could want to represent Ubuntu Todd Cole https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToddCole https://launchpad.net/~tcole3737 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rex is a regular and valuable ubuntuforums contributor, I wholeheartedly support his Ubuntu Membership via forums contribution application. bapoumba - Ubuntu Forums admin.