I, Roderick B. Greening, apply for MOTU.
Roderick B. Greening
Who I am
- 37 years old, English, and residing in St. John's, NL, Canada.
- Currently working for a Telecommunications Company, managing Service Delivery team.
- I am a Linux user since '93. I have used Slackware, Debian, Red Hat, Mandrake (Mandriva), Gentoo and now Kubuntu.
- I have successfully switched many of my non-techie friends and family to Kubuntu, and now I am also running Kubuntu on the desktop and Ubuntu Server for some firewall and server needs.
- I recently was involved in maintaining an overlay for Gentoo regarding special desktop enhancements and effects, some of which Kubuntu has recently integrated. The overlay was called Xeffects, and had many enhancements.
I am a Kubuntu Member since October, 2008, having been approved as a direct result of my help in updating packages necessary for the Intrepid Ibex release.
I am 37 years old, residing in St. John's, NL, Canada - the oldest city in North America. I currently work for a national Telecommunications company, as regional manager. I am responsible for ensuring the successful deployment and delivery of our various voice and data services, many of which I helped develop over the last 10+ years. Our internet services (mail, news, web, etc) all run on Linux based systems, which vary from RPM based to Deb based.
My Ubuntu story
Tell us how and when you got involved, what you liked working on and what you could probably do better.
Examples of my work / Things I'm proud of
Areas of work
Let us know what you worked on, with which development teams / developers you cooperated and how it worked out.
Things I could do better
Plans for the future
What I like least in Ubuntu
Please describe what you like least in Ubuntu and what thoughts do you have about fixing it.
If you'd like to comment, but are not the applicant or a sponsor, do it here. Don't forget to sign with @SIG@.
As a sponsor, just copy the template below, fill it out and add it to this section.
== <SPONSORS NAME> == === General feedback === ## Please fill us in on your shared experience. (How many packages did you sponsor? How would you judge the quality? How would you describe the improvements? Do you trust the applicant?) === Specific Experiences of working together === ''Please add good examples of your work together, but also cases that could have handled better.'' === Areas of Improvement ===