Born: Amsterdam 1957
Born again: Ubuntu January 2005
It's the "less" in Ubuntu that made us use it all over the place. Anyone in this house uses Ubuntu with pleasure.
- Less program's installed the first time
- Less effort to install
- Less cd's to carry around
- Less computing power needed
- Less money needed to get it
But the one and only more in comparing it with other open OS's is a great one "more people use it".
- Being a project manager ICT, it's a good thing to be part of the dutch team and helping organize it all.
- Being a philosopher, it's a good thing to see the Ubuntu humanity philosophy.
- Being a social human being, it's a good thing to see that it's free to get.
- Being a Buddhist, it's a good thing to see the code's of conduct.
The things I give back to the Ubuntu-community are:
-Active member of the Ubuntu-NL team. -Active member of the Ubuntu-NL Event-team. -Organization of the Gutsy Release Party on 27 October 2007. About 500 visitors, many well known speakers
- and lots of coffee and tea, it took two weeks to recover, so the next party must be
organized with a little bit more help and Hardy will be booming in the Netherlands.
-Active forum reader and answering machine when possible en usefull.
That's it folks...