Acer Laptop Ubuntu Team :
- test, configure, adapt and ease the use of a Acer laptop with a U/KU/XU ... buntu system.
You can contact us :
- mumbly_58 AT yahoo DOT fr
How to contribute
We are waiting for your feed back about the way you use your Acer laptop :
- how did you manage to get the wifi work ?
- how did you manage to get the 3D graphic card work ?
- what problems did you face to install this software or this distribution (Edgy ...) ?
- are you using a 64 bits or 32 bits distribution ?
- have you found a bug or a "mal-function" in a Dapper, Edgy, or newer ubuntu release ?
- have you written a tutorial or documentation about Acer laptop and Ubuntu ? Please let us know !
- ... you can make a translation of a tutorial or documentation ... Please let us know !
- please visit https://wiki.ubuntu.com/acerlaptop-wifi for news about the acerlaptop-wifi project which aims at creating and maintaining a .deb package for acer_acpi ...
Also, you can visit https://launchpad.net/acerlaptop-wifi/ for package and work details ...
[UPDATE] : 2007-04-12 - Please see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/105881
With Edgy knot 3 and Beta, please be sure to put The Option MonitorLayout line in your xorg.conf to get your laptop work and bypass the "blackscreen" problem.
Section "Device" Identifier "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility X700 (RV410)" Driver "ati" Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, TMDS" BusID "PCI:1:0:0" EndSection
With Feisty Beta (7.04), when you install, you still have the "black screen" problem. Please update (sudo apt-get update) and it will install a new ati-xorg driver which will do the trick perfectly, without any other configuration (no "Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, TMDS" is needed no more !)
Tutorials and docs
Network : wifi
Individual machine documentation
Acer Laptop Testing Teams
More to come ...
Why don't you integrate your laptop howtos with those on LaptopTestingTeam/Acer? -- AzraelNightwalker 2007-10-02 11:27:20