Please check the status of this specification in Launchpad before editing it. If it is Approved, contact the Assignee or another knowledgeable person before making changes.
The Belgium team need to fix the promotional material problem. This spec was already discussed on the ubuntu-be kickoff meeting: meeting notes
The Belgium team lacks promotional material, the only thing we have are the flyers, and some printed CD's.
- Schools would like to have a Ubuntu poster, but we can only send the to the official ubuntu.com shop.
- People on the fairs would like to have Ubuntu gadgets, they even want to pay for them.
As discussed on the kickoff meeting, we would need two kind of items:
- Gadgets, that can make some money from to sponsor ubuntu-be.org
- Give away material, that we can give for free.
marketing material (Give away for free)
- small flyer (fast to read, like the current existing)
- multi-page fyers (at fairs...)
- stickers? (with maybe *only* the ubuntu logo, small (few cm))
- promotion-kit for hardware vendors
Gadget material (as some kind of money machine to pay for the marketing material)
- i.e. USB-sticks..?
- possible problem: selling this at fairs may result in loosing the 'non-profit-org'-subscription fee
- T-shirts: Pierre's brother's company could get some printed. Not limited to T-shirts, you can make more textile's like:
- Other ideas:
- Ask money for computer-club-visits in name of ubuntu-be and the money goes to ubuntu-be
- Ask money at ubuntu-install-parties? (Now it is a free gift: keep that way?)
Ask an organisation to put our name (ubuntu-be) as 'organising party' for a bingo-night (<ref: Rob)